Pacific Yearly Meeting is a community of “liberal, unprogrammed” Friends (Quakers) and Quaker Meetings in parts of 3 countries: Guatemala, Mexico, and the United States, including 3 states of the USA: California, Hawai’i, and Nevada. We’re called a “Yearly Meeting” because we meet annually to worship together and conduct our business, while we strive to live our faith every day in our local meetings and communities. Read more about PYM here.
Pacific Yearly Meeting is:
- We are the more than 1,500 members and attenders of Quaker meetings in our region.
- We have programs and activities for youth, families, and a vibrant intergenerational community.
A Regional Community Made up of Local Groups …
- We are the 50 or so local meetings: 1 in Guatemala City/Antigua, 1 in Mexico City, and the rest in 3 states of the USA: California, Hawai’i, and Nevada.
- … and the Friends among us who are in transition and not currently affiliated with a local meeting, such as some Young Adult Friends
A Gathering …
- We are our Annual Session.
Our 2017 Annual Session will be held at Walker Creek Ranch near Petaluma, CA, USA from Friday, July 14 through Wednesday, July 19, 2017.
A Participatory Community …
- We are the volunteers and staff doing work as committees, officers, boards, and working groups on behalf of the whole.
Representative Committee will meet the first weekend of March in a location TBD.
[Section under development]