Welcome to Pacific Yearly Meeting! We’re a community of a wide variety of “unprogrammed” Friends (Quaker) Meetings in parts of Mexico and the western USA. Our book of Faith and Practice describes the beliefs of Friends, PYM’s structures and processes, and the spiritual foundation of these processes and of our way of worship. We’re a year-round community, and we have a summer gathering we call “PYM Annual Session.” Western Friend is the official publication of Quakers in Pacific, North Pacific, and Intermountain Yearly Meetings.
Read more about Pacific Yearly Meeting…
Announcements and Quick Links (updated 2/5/2020)
- REP COM 2020 (Representative Committee 2020) will meet March 6-8, 2020, in Visalia, CA.
- ANNUAL SESSION 2020 will take place July 10-15, 2020, at Walker Creek Ranch, near Petaluma, CA.
- WEEKLY ONLINE MEETING FOR WORSHIP: Every Wednesday, 7:00-7:30 pm.
- See the PYM CALENDAR PAGE for these and additional PYM-related EVENTS, including youth and intergenerational events.
- The Youth Programs Coordinator (YPC) Javaughn Fernanders will be leaving the position. Her last day at work will be February 21, 2020. The Youth Programs Coordinating Committee (YPCC) will continue to respond to the YPC email address for any concerns or needs after her departure. Please continue to use firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries related to the Youth Programs of Pacific Yearly Meeting.
- An updated Roster of PYM Officeholders for 2019-2020, current as of 11/14/2019, was posted on the Nominating Committee page.
- ANNUAL SESSION 2019 took place July 12-17, 2019, at Walker Creek Ranch.
- The Youth Programs Coordinating Committee introduces the new Youth Programs Coordinator, Javaughn Fernanders.
- Alyssa Nelson’s last and farewell letter as YPC: YPC Epistle XIII – May 2019.
- Secretariat: A complete list of all PYM Minutes of Action since 2001 is available on the PYM Minutes page. Full minutes are also available for each of those years. Minutes for the first 11 years of PYM (1947-1957) have been added.
- The Latin American Concerns Committee calls your attention to two upcoming opportunities to engage with Friends projects related to Latin America.
- The Eldering Subcommittee of M&O invites all Pacific Yearly Meeting Friends to a weekly online meeting for worship with attention to the spiritual wellness of our yearly meeting.
- Revision of our book of Faith and Practice is underway. The first round of reviews was due December 1, 2018. Watch for more draft sections for review in the future.
- The Racial Justice Subcommittee of M&O has published a page of recommended resources on racial justice. Please encourage Friends and Meetings to make use of these resources and send us your feedback.
- The Latin American Concerns Committee has published the text of their presentation at Annual Session 2018 and a Call to Actions to promote humanitarian treatment of immigrants and refugees.
- See recent posts on the right sidebar or on the all posts page or the committees and officers pages.
- San Mateo Worship Group, recently formed under the care of Palo Alto Meeting, is going strong. They meet on 1st and 3rd First Days. They welcome all seekers, including those new to Quaker worship, to join them. See their website for details.
- Chico Friends Meeting (located near Paradise, CA) set up a Quaker Fund for people affected by the Camp Fire in northern California. All contributions have now been allocated and the fund is closed.
- GRANTS available:
- WEBSITE REVISIONS: We are in the process of redesigning and cleaning up this website. Thank you for your feedback and patience! The website is under the care of the PYM Communications Committee.
- Trying to find something on this site? First try using the menu bar near the top of the page or the announcements on this home page. If that doesn’t work, you might try some options shown on the right side of this page: the site Search box, the Categories list, or browsing through the recent posts. (Note that the search box and categories list only cover a portion of the site.)
- CONTACT US