We’re a community of a wide variety of “unprogrammed” Friends (Quaker) Meetings in parts of Mexico and the western USA. After decades of independence we recently became affiliated with Friends General Conference. We’re used to calling ourselves PYM, but in FGC there is another PYM, Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, so we’re starting to say PacYM instead.
Our book of Faith and Practice describes the beliefs of Friends, PacYM’s structures and processes, and the spiritual foundation of these processes and of our way of worship. We’re a year-round community, and we have a summer gathering we call “PYM Annual Session.” Western Friend is the official publication of Quakers in Pacific, North Pacific, and Intermountain Yearly Meetings.
Read more about Pacific Yearly Meeting…
Announcements and Quick Links (updated 08/24/2020)
The PYM Mutual Aid Project offers financial support and direct services for those whose lives have been shaken by the COVID-19 crisis. We are looking to identify folks in need. If you as an individual, your Monthly Meeting, or local community needs our support, please visit our resources funding page where you will find contacts and additional information.
- During this period of “social distancing” we invite you to consider the many opportunities for online worship listed at westernfriend.org. Among these is PYM-sponsored WEEKLY ONLINE MEETING FOR WORSHIP, every Wednesday evening, 7:00-7:30 pm.
- See the PYM CALENDAR PAGE for additional PYM-related EVENTS, including youth and intergenerational events. Monthly events for teens and a monthly support group for parents are also now taking place!
- The Faith and Practice Revision Committee asks Monthly Meetings and other entities of the Yearly Meeting to review and provide feedback by June 30, 2020, on a draft revision of the section on “Death in the Meeting“. (5/4/2020)
- The Website Team is experimenting with a new menu structure and other ways to make things easier to find on the website. Please check out the new menus and send us your comments. (4/16/2020)
- ARCHIVE of OLDER COMMITTEE NEWS
- ANNUAL SESSION 2020 took place online, July 10-15, 2020. All information about the session can be found on the AS 2020 Information Page.
- Young Adult Friends (YAFs) have applied for and received a grant from the PacYM Youth Programs Fund (Vogel Endowment) that seeks to empower all community members and provide various forms of assistance to those in need through a yearly meeting wide Mutual Aid Project. More information on how you or your meeting can get involved is listed here.
- GRANTS available:
- WEBSITE REVISIONS: We are actively working on the design of this website. Thank you for your patience and your feedback (send to firstname.lastname@example.org).