Pacific Yearly Meeting is a community of “liberal, unprogrammed” Friends (Quakers) and Quaker Meetings in parts of 3 countries: Guatemala, Mexico, and the United States, including 3 states of the USA: California, Hawai’i, and Nevada. We’re called a “Yearly Meeting” because we meet annually to worship together and conduct our business, while we strive to live our faith every day in our local meetings and communities. Read more about PYM here.
Announcements (updated 4/20/2017)
- New Assistant to the Presiding Clerk:
- Sharon Gates, Assistant to the Clerk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Grants available:
- 2017 Unity with Nature Mini-Grant application is now available. Deadline for application June 15, 2017. Application posted on UwN page. Please announce this opportunity to your Monthly Meeting and encourage Friends to apply for any relevant project in your Meeting that needs some additional, external funding to make it a reality.
- Bob Vogel Endowment Youth Programs Fund: Applications are due to the YPCC on or before March 20th, June 20th, September 20th and December 20th (near the equinoxes and solstices).
- Other funding sources posted on our Quaker Grants page
- Annual Sessions:
- Our 2017 Annual Session will be held at Walker Creek Ranch near Petaluma, CA, USA, from Friday, July 14 through Wednesday, July 19, 2017.
- The 2018 Annual Session will be at the same location, July 13-18, 2018.
- RepCom 2017:
- Representative Committee met March 3-4, 2017, at Palo Alto Friends Meeting. Documents related to the meeting can be found on the RepCom 2017 reports and minutes page.
- View “Cracking the Codes,” made available here for free thanks to the PYM Racial Justice Subcommittee of Ministry and Oversight, and the PYM Youth Programs Fund. Please encourage Friends and Meetings to view and discuss it.
- Website: We are in the process of redesigning and cleaning up this website. Thank you for your input and patience! In the meantime, we have deleted all ‘subscriber’ addresses. We hope to get the RSS feeds working again in the near future.