Welcome to Pacific Yearly Meeting! We’re a community of a wide variety of “unprogrammed” Friends (Quaker) Meetings in parts of Mexico and the western USA. Our book of Faith and Practice describes the beliefs of Friends, PYM’s structures and processes, and the spiritual foundation of these processes and of our way of worship. We’re a year-round community, and we have a summer gathering we call “PYM Annual Session.” Western Friend is the official publication of Quakers in Pacific, North Pacific, and Intermountain Yearly Meetings.
Read more about Pacific Yearly Meeting…
Announcements and Quick Links (updated 5/17/2019)
- REGISTRATION is NOW OPEN for this summer’s Annual Session, which takes place July 12-17, 2019, at Walker Creek Ranch, Petaluma. All are welcome. Register by June 12 to avoid late fees. See the Annual Session 2019 Information Page for complete information (including other deadlines) and a link to online registration.
- APPLY TO VOLUNTEER WITH PYM’s TEEN OR CHILDREN’S PROGRAM: May 22 or until filled. A fantastic way for adults to experience Annual Session and have your registration fees waived as well. Click here for more information and the application form.
- May 15, 2019 was Alyssa Nelson’s last day as the PYM Youth Programs Coordinator. You can read more in her farewell letter, YPC Epistle XIII – May 2019. The Youth Programs Coordinating Committee will be making an announcement about the new YPC shortly. The end of Alyssa’s final epistle contains contact people for the interim.
- EVENTS are on our Calendar, including RepCom, Annual Session, and youth and intergenerational events.
- See Calendar for more events and details.
- Updated Roster of PYM officeholders is on the Nominating Committee Page (updated 4/3/2019).
- PYM Minutes: A complete list of all PYM Minutes of Action since 2001 is now available on the PYM Minutes page. A full packet of minutes for each of those years is also available there. See the status report for an explanation.
- The Latin American Concerns Committee calls your attention to two upcoming opportunities to engage with Friends projects related to Latin America.
- The Eldering Subcommittee of M&O invites all Pacific Yearly Meeting Friends to a weekly online meeting for worship with attention to the spiritual wellness of our yearly meeting.
- Revision of our book of Faith and Practice is underway. The first round of reviews was due December 1, 2018. Watch for more draft sections for review in the future.
- The Racial Justice Subcommittee of M&O has published a page of recommended resources on racial justice. Please encourage Friends and Meetings to make use of these resources and send us your feedback.
- The Latin American Concerns Committee has published the text of their presentation at Annual Session 2018 and a Call to Actions to promote humanitarian treatment of immigrants and refugees.
- See recent posts on the right sidebar or on the all posts page or the committees and officers pages.
- Chico Friends Meeting (located near Paradise, CA) has set up a Quaker Fund for people affected by the Camp Fire in northern California. See their information page for status report.
- The new San Mateo Worship Group, under the care of Palo Alto Meeting, is going strong. They have changed their meeting dates. Starting in June they will be meeting on 1st and 3rd First Days. They welcome all seekers, including those new to Quaker worship, to join them. See their website for details.
- GRANTS available:
- WEBSITE REVISIONS: We are in the process of redesigning and cleaning up this website. Thank you for your feedback and patience! The website is under the care of the PYM Communications Committee.
- Trying to find something on this site? First try using the menu bar near the top of the page or the announcements on this home page. If that doesn’t work, you might try some options shown on the right side of this page: the site Search box, the Categories list, or browsing through the recent posts. (Note that the search box and categories list only cover a portion of the site.)
- CONTACT US