Welcome to Pacific Yearly Meeting! We’re a community of a wide variety of “unprogrammed” Friends (Quaker) Meetings in parts of Mexico and the western USA. Our book of Faith and Practice describes the beliefs of Friends, PYM’s structures and processes, and the spiritual foundation of these processes and of our way of worship. We’re a year-round community, and we have a summer gathering we call “PYM Annual Session.” Western Friend is the official publication of Quakers in Pacific, North Pacific, and Intermountain Yearly Meetings.
Read more about Pacific Yearly Meeting…
Announcements and Quick Links
- Pacific YM Seeks Youth Programs Coordinator: The full position announcement, job description, and application process are posted here. The position will remain open until filled, however priority is being given to applications received by February 15, 2019. Alyssa Nelson has agreed to postpone her resignation from the Youth Programs Coordinator position while the hiring process continues.
- Please consider donating to the Quaker Fund for people affected by the Camp Fire in northern California, established by Chico Friends Meeting (located near Paradise, CA)
- EVENTS are on our Calendar, including RepCom, Annual Session, and youth and intergenerational events.
- Weekly Online Meeting for Worship: Wednesdays, 7:00 pm
- Annual Session 2019 will take place July 12-17, 2019, at Walker Creek Ranch near Petaluma, CA, USA.
- Representative Committee 2019 (“RepCom”) took place March 1-2. Minutes are now posted.
- See Calendar for more events and details.
- Updated Roster of PYM officeholders is on the Nominating Committee Page (updated 4/3/2019).
- PYM Minutes:
- The Latin American Concerns Committee calls your attention to two upcoming opportunities to engage with Friends projects related to Latin America.
- The Eldering Subcommittee of M&O invites all Pacific Yearly Meeting Friends to a weekly online meeting for worship with attention to the spiritual wellness of our yearly meeting.
- Revision of our book of Faith and Practice is underway. The first round of reviews was due December 1, 2018. Watch for more draft sections for review in the future.
- The Racial Justice Subcommittee of M&O has published a page of recommended resources on racial justice. Please encourage Friends and Meetings to make use of these resources and send us your feedback.
- The Latin American Concerns Committee has published the text of their presentation at Annual Session 2018 and a Call to Actions to promote humanitarian treatment of immigrants and refugees.
- See recent posts on the right sidebar or on the all posts page or the committees and officers pages.
- We are pleased to announce the formation of San Mateo Worship Group. This new group, under the care of Palo Alto Meeting, currently meets on 2nd and 4th First Days in, you guessed it, San Mateo, CA. They welcome all seekers, including those new to Quaker worship, to join them. See their website for details.
- GRANTS available:
- WEBSITE REVISIONS: We are in the process of redesigning and cleaning up this website. Thank you for your feedback and patience! The website is under the care of the PYM Communications Committee.
- Trying to find something on this site? First try using the menu bar near the top of the page or the announcements on this home page. If that doesn’t work, you might try some options shown on the right side of this page: the site Search box, the Categories list, or browsing through the recent posts. (Note that the search box and categories list only cover a portion of the site.)
- CONTACT US