Fund For Concerns App Process (PDF file)
Fund for Concerns
The Ministry and Oversight Committee administers the Fund for Concerns. Its purpose is to assist members and attenders of Monthly Meetings to follow individual leadings arising from peace, social order, or spiritual concerns. It is not intended to underwrite organization or committee projects. Individuals may apply for funds through their Monthly Meeting, which in turn applies to the Ministry and Oversight Committee on their behalf. Faith and Practice, p. 187-188.
- All applications must be in writing.
- Applications must come through the Monthly Meeting and indicate approval from the appropriate Monthly Meeting committee.
- Applications should clearly state the amount of funding requested as well as the amount being contributed by the Monthly Meeting.
- Completed applications will be considered in order received and will need approval by the full Ministry and Oversight committee.
- Grants will be made depending on available funds.
One request per fiscal year for up to 3 months’ housing may be requested by a Friend who is accepted into the Casa De Los Amigos “Friend in Residence” program.
Up to $100 per fiscal year per person will be available to help with the interest and penalty expenses of war tax resisters who are members or regular attenders of a Monthly Meeting. The Monthly Meeting must indicate approval and provide matching funds.