Ride a Bike to PYM
PYM attenders are invited to bicycle to our annual gathering along scenic back-roads to Walker Creek Ranch. It is a sub-forty mile ride in rolling hills, through the kind of country California is famous for. From the Bay Area, riders will take the ferry across the majestic San Francisco Bay to Tiburon, and then ride at a Quakerly pace to Walker Creek Ranch. From Santa Rosa, riders will keep pace with Susan Gore (email@example.com 707-431-2304) along the scenic byways of the wine country, for a 36 mile ride starting at a Friend’s house, in downtown Santa Rosa just a few blocks from the bus station. Contact Susan for exact address. If you need lodging the night before, or would like to ride but have your gear hauled by someone traveling by motorcar, and for final details/coordination, please get in touch with Carl Magruder (firstname.lastname@example.org 510-967-2378). We will have route maps with rest breaks indicated. It should be a wonderful community building event, accessible to even fairly casual cyclists. Be sure that your bike is in good working order, as limited mechanical assistance will be available.
Help Form Carpools
Make your travel plans known and help form carpools by joining the PYM Connections group on Yahoo. Send an e-mail to PYMConnectionsemail@example.com with the word “subscribe” in the subject line.
If you plan to take Amtrak or fly, consider making a connection with a carpool near your Airport or Train Station, as bus service to San Rafael and Petaluma can be limiting. We will have a ride-board at PYM to assist people making connections for the trip home.
Travel Directions to Walker Creek Ranch in Marin County
Please Carpool if you can!
Directions coming Northbound on Highway 101
- U. S. 101 to San Marin/Atherton exit in Novato.
- LEFT on San Marin, over freeway. Follow about 3 miles.
- RIGHT on Novato Boulevard. Drive about 6.3 miles until you reach Point Reyes/ Petaluma Road.
- RIGHT on Point Reyes/Petaluma Road. Follow about ¼ mile to Hicks Valley Road.
- LEFT on Hicks Valley Road. Follow about 3.3 miles to Marshall/Petaluma Road.
- LEFT on Marshall/Petaluma Road. Proceed 5 miles to 1700 Marshall-Petaluma Road, 94940.
- Ranch entrance is on the right.
Directions coming Southbound on Highway 101
- U.S. 101 to East Washington exit in Petaluma.
- RIGHT on Washington. Follow to Petaluma Blvd.
- LEFT onto Petaluma Blvd. Follow one block.
- RIGHT onto Western Ave. Continue approximately 2 miles until you see a sign for Walker Creek Ranch.
- LEFT onto Chileno Valley Road. This becomes Wilson Hill Road, and eventually becomes Marshall/Petaluma Road.
- Drive approximately 14 miles to 1700 Marshall-Petaluma Road, 94940.
- Ranch entrance is on the right.
Bus Service To San Rafael And Petaluma
In case you decide to use a carpool meeting point in Petaluma or Marin, below are websites for available public transportation. Join the Yahoo e-mail group to find a carpool connection by sending an e-mail to PYMConnectionsfirstname.lastname@example.org with the word “subscribe” in the subject line.
- The Petaluma Fairgrounds can be reached using the Amtrak Bus or the Sonoma Airport Express (adult fare $34—CASH) http://airportexpressinc.com/home.html
- Larkspur Landing is served by the Marin Airporter (adult fare $20—CASH) http://marinairporter.com/
- Bettini Transit Center in San Rafael and the Petaluma Transit Mall are served by Golden Gate Bus http://goldengate.org/schedules.php
Alternatives To Carpooling
- Marin Airport Transportation can take up to 8 persons to Walker Creek Ranch from SFO or OAK airports at prices ranging from $145-$205 one-way: http://marinairporttransportation.com/PricesCharter.php
- Taxi companies serving Petaluma are: Green Taxi (707) 769-8294, and Petaluma Taxi (707)776-4888. Both operators estimate the fare to be $45-50; Green Taxi can take up to 4 persons in a cab, and Petaluma Taxi has two vans capable of carrying up to six.