Welcome to JYM – What to bring (PDF file)
JYM – What to Bring
Hey everybody! It’s time for Junior Yearly Meeting (JYM) already, and we’re super excited for another amazing year together. We, the JYM committee, would love to extend a warm welcome to all who are planning on attending JYM this year! This years co-clerks are Brenden Fagen, Rose Mackenzie, and Thomas Rios.
JYM has a range of ages from 13 to 18. We have our own schedule and activities that are going to be a blast! We have amazing activities planned by the JYM committee including Community building games, Capture the Flag, Ultimate Frisbee, Outdoor swim time, a service project at Petaluma Bounty Community Farm, Men’s and Women’s group and Respectful relationships and much much more. Through these activities and others we build a strong community that helps nurture the spiritual growth of the group as a whole with an emphasis on the inner light in everyone. We will take the time to develop agreements that reflect our Quaker testimony on community. Since JYM is a part of PYM we do participate in many of the greater gathering’s activities including some plenaries, intergenerational games, and the all ages dance and community night.
Since JYM is a safe and close community we have found it important to have gender separated sleeping arrangements to allow for maximum fun and safety. Please don’t bring any drug or alcohol. We’re so looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time as a community!
- Sleeping Bag or sheets and blankets
- Pillow & pillowcase
- Towel (s) for showers and swimming
- Toiletries, Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Clothes fit for any weather- 6 days
- Warm clothes for night
- Hiking shoes
- Shoes you don’t mind getting dirty for the service project
- Casual shoes
- Reusable water bottle
- Clothes for the dance! (Barn themed)
- Mp3 or Cd with music for the dance
- Frisbee, cards, board games, etc.
- Musical instruments
- Idea’s for family night talent show- a skit? poem? music?
- Faith and Practice, Bible, other spiritual readings, Journal
- Handwork for quiet times, knitting, friendship bracelet