Hey everybody! It’s time for Junior Yearly Meeting (JYM) already, and we’re super excited for another amazing year together. We, the JYM committee,would love to extend a warm welcome to all who are planning on attending JYM this year! This year’s co-clerks are Natasha Herrera-Hillman, Maya Price, and Jarod Rischapter.
JYM has a range of ages from 13 to 18. We have our own schedule and activities that are going to be a blast! We have amazing activities planned by the JYM committee including Community building games, Ultimate Frisbee, an awesome service project, Respectful relationships, many intergenerational games and activities, Mini AVP workshop, a Friday night Community Dance with a “Outer Space” theme, and much much more. Through these activities and others we build a strong community that helps nurture the spiritual growth of the group as a whole with an emphasis on the inner light in everyone. We will take time as a community to develop agreements and expectations that reflect our Quaker testimonies. Since JYM is a part of PYM, we do participate in many of the greater gathering’s activities including some plenaries, intergenerational games, and the all ages dance and community night.
JYM is a safe and close community we have found it important to have gender separated sleeping arrangements to allow for maximum fun and safety. Please don’t bring any drug or alcohol. We’re so looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time as a community during our week together at Walker Creek Ranch!
- Sleeping Bag or sheets and blankets
- Pillow & Pillow Case
- Towel (s) for showers and swimming
- Toiletries, Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Clothes fit for any weather- 6 days
- Warm clothes for night
- Hiking shoes
- Shoes you don’t mind getting dirty for the service project
- Casual shoes
- Reusable water bottle
- Clothes for the dance – “Outer Space” themed
- For Sharing Creative Expression – Poem? Music?, Art? ???
- Mp3 or Cd with music for the dance
- Frisbee, cards, board games, etc.
- Musical instruments
- Idea’s for family night talent show- a skit? Poem? Music?
- Faith and Practice, Bible, other spiritual readings, Journal
- Handwork for quiet times, knitting, friendship bracelet
For more information, contact the JYM Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org