Watch this page for …..
Announcements about JYM 2017
- JYM gathers as part of PYM Annual Session at Walker Creek Ranch, Petaluma, CA, USA from Friday, July 14 – Wednesday, July 19, 2017
- Dance Theme is “Rainbow”
- Registration for JYM / PYM Annual Session IS OPEN! 5% late registration fee after June 12th.
- Consent forms for minors must be signed and submitted before registration can be considered complete. See above/below for forms.
- Financial assistance is available. Just ask! Please note that the request form is due no later than June 16th and requires going through your Monthly Meeting or Worship Group first. Start now!
- Schedule for JYM 2017 (link to Google Doc draft-in-progress)
- Dance Theme is “Rainbow“
- PYM schedule is linked from the annual session info page
About JYM – What to Expect and What to Bring!
- “What to Expect” for JYM Parents/Guardians and Sponsors (PDF, 2017)
- “Welcome Letter and What to Bring – Packing List for JYM” (PDF, 2017)
- About JYM’s mixed-gender sleeping arrangements
- Community Expectations for All Attenders
Required: Forms to sign before your registration can be considered complete
We need to receive the forms with your original signatures and to have these paper copies onsite. Please print, sign, and mail these forms to the address provided when you filled out the online registration form (as given in the payment instructions section). Or email pacificyearlymeetingregistrar
- 1 of 2) Packet of Parental Consent Forms 2017, which includes:
- Parental Consent Form
- Medical History Form
- Respectful Relationships Consent Form
- Mail these to the address given in the registration (same as for sending payment by check)
- 2 of 2) Service Project Parental Consent Form – 2017 – REQUIRED (PDF fillable form): Save to your hard drive, fill it out, save again, and print and mail to the Registrar per the same instructions above. Thanks!
- About the Service Project: JYM has organized this off-site service-learning project with Pt. Reyes National Seashore. We will be doing some clean-up and getting a guided tour of the Kule Loklo Coast Miwok Cultural Exhibit, doing some of the activities they usually do at their workdays and also cleaning up from the Bigtime that will be happening the weekend prior. JYM is chartering a bus for transportation there and back, and adults will accompany the group).
Volunteer – Be a “Friendly Responsible Adult Presence (FRAP)”
- Apply to be FRAP for JYM at Annual Session 2017 – Due May 20th (*Deadline extended: positions open until filled)
- Please Register for Annual Session. If you are selected as a FRAP, the Registrar will be notified, and your registration will be paid by PYM.
- Policy on Transitions Process between Children’s Program and Junior Yearly Meeting (Teen Program)
- “PYM Child Abuse Prevention Policy” (on M&O page)
2017 JYM Committee
- Rose Nadis (Santa Barbara)
- Charlie Shaw (Santa Monica)
- Ari Standish (Berkeley)
Ministry & Oversight (M&O):
- David Shaw (Santa Monica), Clerk
- Gabi Alvarado (Sacramento)
- Dia Farrukh (La Jolla)
- Andrew Pangelina (Berkeley)
- Miles Pangelina (Berkeley)
- Elinor Steffy (Sacramento)
JYM Adult Committee
- Kate Connell (Santa Barbara): email@example.com
- Dan Strickland (Orange Grove): firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Adult Committee Members:
- Suzanne Doss (Orange Grove)
- Steve Leeds (San Francisco)
- Don McCormick (Grass Valley)
- Muriel Strand (Sacramento)
- Erika Tarabini (Redding)