Our Annual Session is a gathering of the Beloved Community where Friends labor and rejoice together in discerning the will of Spirit. For us to go deep into worship and community, we must create a safe and healthy container. Please use these reminders to make Annual Session a joyful occasion for all.
We ask that all Friends uphold the following expectations:
● We come to Annual Session with a loving attitude ready to be with one another in compassion, even when we are in disagreement.
● When there is conflict, we practice entering worship to seek God’s will. We listen deeply to others and speak our truth as plainly as we are able.
● We remember basic courtesy, and we speak with love. Peace is the way!
● We communicate our own personal boundaries and respect those of others.
● We ensure that children and parents are supported so that young people are safe, supervised and appropriately engaged as an integral part of our community.
● We remember that Annual Session is a Do-It-Yourself event and run by volunteers – members of our very own community. We seek the appropriate person to talk to and we are prepared to help with the solution to issues we bring forward for resolution.
● We are aware of our own and others’ needs and are willing to ask for and/or give help to others while also respecting everyone’s desire for independence.
● Consenting adults keep any sexual intimacy only within pre-existing committed relationships in order to focus on being in community for our time together at Annual Session. We expect that minors will not engage in sexual relations during Annual Session.
● We abstain from using alcohol and recreational or illegal drugs during Annual Session.
● We respect our host site and abide by their guest policies.
Thank you for helping make Annual Session a safe, healthy and fun occasion for the whole community!
If you would like to discuss any of these expectations please see a member of the Ministry and Oversight Committee. M&O members are also available to support anyone at Annual Session through mediation, worship and/or deep listening.