- Full Report: Youth Programs Report — Representative Committee 2018 (PDF, 4 pages)
- See YPCC webpage for links to other YPC and YPCC reports and information.
Web Version (Summary Only):
Youth Programs Coordinating Committee (YPCC) & Coordinator (YPC)
Report to Representative Committee Meeting, March 2-4, 2018
Pacific Yearly Meeting
Submitted 2/20/18 – Bertha Peña, Clerk, and Alyssa Nelson, YPC
YPCC Action Items for RepCom:
- We have asked Finance Committee to consider a proposal to bring to RepCom: YPCC requests that the PYM General Fund reimburse $4,000 to the Youth Programs/Vogel Fund for car lease costs in December 2017 that were to have come out of the 2016-2017 YPCC Budget.
- We wish to sit less long and move more often, even as part of business meetings.
Request to Monthly Meeting Reps and PYM Committee Clerks: Please share this report with your meetings and committees. In particular:
- Spring Youth Service-Learning Camp, March 26-30, 2018 at Quaker Oaks Farm with the Wukchumni Tribe. YPCC is a co-sponsor, and this is our 5th year of camp! Camper applications due February 24th. Donations needed to support campers to attend. https://www.pacificyearlymeeting.org/2018/documents/ypc/spring-youth-camp-at-quaker-oaks-farm-2018/
- Funding available and deadlines for the Youth Programs Fund / Bob Vogel Endowment: Applications due on or before March 20, June 20, September 20, and December 20. We have a preference for new programs, new outreach, new connections, and novel experiments, such as regional gatherings or special intergenerational events. Funds can also help your Meeting treat teens and young adults to workshops and gatherings. See funding guidelines at https://www.pacificyearlymeeting.org/youth/resources-funding/
- Wanted: Children’s Program Teachers & Friendly Responsible Adult Presences (aka FRAPs) at Annual Session – for children’s and teen programs (JYM). Please encourage potential adult volunteers to contact those committees or Alyssa Nelson, email@example.com, for referral. Application form for “Youth Workers” will be posted on PYM website and emailed out after RepCom. https://www.pacificyearlymeeting.org/youth/adults/
… continued…. See Youth Programs Report — Representative Committee 2018 (PDF) for full report