5th Annual Spring Youth Service Learning Camp
March 26-30, 2018
(Monday-Friday leading up to Easter weekend)
Quaker Oaks Farm
Visalia, CA, USA
A partnership of Quaker Oaks Farm, the Wukchumni Yokuts Tribe,
and Pacific Yearly Meeting Youth Programs
See the Quaker Oaks Farm website for details and online application.
Come explore and learn about the Land, Plants and Indigenous People of Pa’an. We will learn how to use the Plants around us for Food, Tools and Fun. We will work to restore the Earth and understand the ways we are bound together with all Creation. We will share our Histories and Love one another across Seeming Divides, all through Fun, Interactive Activities.
WAYS TO HELP:
- Help a potential camper APPLY ONLINE before February 24th
- Post the FLYER at your Meeting House, School, Clubhouse, etc.
- SHARE our Fundraising Appeal Letter
- VOLUNTEER: Contact Melissa Lovett-Adair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request our model “Letter to Teachers” for a student who wants to take time off from school to participate in camp and/or get school credit
- SPREAD this message among friends!
Campers: APPLICATION ONLINE NOW! Deadline: February 24th. We only have room for 30 campers, so we urge you to apply before the deadline. There is a question on this form where we ask you to tell us why we should select your application and what is important to you about getting to be a part of camp.
We enthusiastically invite middle school and high school aged youth (ages 13-18) to apply. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Cost of camp is on a sliding scale ($0 – $500). Donations gratefully accepted.