- JYM’s main page has more general information about What is JYM.
- See also: ANNUAL CALENDAR and general information for youth
Quick links for 2018 JYM:
- CONSENT FORMS for Minors: must submit to complete 2018 registration.Send to Registrar with payment.
- REGISTER online for JYM and the 2018 PYM Annual Session, held at Walker Creek Ranch, Petaluma, CA, USA from Friday, July 13 – Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
- See sections below for registration, required forms, and financial assistance to attend ….. and DANCE THEME!!!!!
Watch this page for …..
Announcements about JYM 2018
- Dance Theme 2018 is “RADICAL 80s”!!!!
- See Schedule, Welcome Letter / Packing List, and What to Expect below.
- Schedule for JYM 2018 (Draft in progress – see it live here) links to a GoogleDoc
- PYM schedule is linked from the 2018 Annual Session Info Page or directly here.
About JYM – What to Expect and What to Bring!
- “What to Expect for Parents/Guardians/Sponsors” 2018 (PDF)
- “Welcome Letter and What to Bring – Packing List for JYM” 2018 (PDF)
- About JYM’s mixed-gender sleeping arrangements (PDF)
- Community Expectations for All Attenders 2018 (web page)
- Walker Creek Ranch Site use policies (PDF)
- Policy on Transitions Process between Children’s Program and Junior Yearly Meeting (Teen Program) (PDF)
- Child Abuse Prevention Policy (PDF)
- Role of FRAPs: “Friendly Responsible Adult Presence (FRAP)”: see the Adult Allies to Youth / Youth Workers web page
How to Register and Required Forms:
- Register online for 2018 PYM Annual Session [registration opened in May] at Walker Creek Ranch, July 13-18, 2018: Please register by the deadline to avoid the late registration fee. To complete a minor’s registration, we must also receive the required forms below with original signatures so we can have these paper copies onsite. Please print, sign, and mail these forms to the address provided when you filled out the online registration form (as given in the payment instructions section). Address is also posted on AS Info Page. Thanks!
- Submit the Packet of Required Parental Consent Forms 2018, which includes:
- Parental Consent Form
- Medical History Form
- Respectful Relationships Consent Form
- [No additional form this year for service project.]
- Mail these to the address given in the registration (same as for sending payment by check). Address is also posted on AS 2018 Info Page.
Financial Assistance to Attend
- Financial assistance is available. Just ask! Please note that the request form due far in advance and requires going through your Monthly Meeting or Worship Group first. Start asap!
- If you or a friend you’re bringing is not part of a Meeting or Worship Group and needs financial assistance, contact the PYM Youth Programs Coordinator to explore options <email@example.com>.
Volunteer – Be a “Friendly Responsible Adult Presence (FRAP)” or Adult Committee Member
- Be a “Friendly Responsible Adult Presence (FRAP)”: see the Adult Allies to Youth / Youth Workers page
- Teens and Parents — please encourage potential good candidates to apply!
- Serve on the JYM Adult Committee: contact Nominating Committee to express your interest or to suggest a Friend who has the gifts and interest for this service.
2018 JYM Committee
(appointed by JYM teens)
2018 Charlie Shaw, Santa Monica
2018 Ari Standish, Berkeley
2018 Elinor Steffy, Sacramento
JYM Ministry and Oversight Committee (M&O)
(appointed by JYM teens)
2018 Gabi Alvarado, Sacramento, Co-clerk
2018 Gracie Martínez, Visalia
2018 Rose Nadis, Santa Barbara, Co-clerk
2018 Callum Standish, Berkeley
JYM Adult Committee
(nominated by PYM Nominating Committee and approved by PYM)
2018 Muriel Strand, Sacramento (2015), Clerk, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2019 Dan Strickland, Orange Grove (2013)
2019 Suzanne Doss, Orange Grove (2013)
2019 Keith Runyan, Santa Cruz (2017)
2020 Sarah Armstrong Jones, Big Island (2017)
2020 Don McCormick, Grass Valley (2017)
Ex Officio: Youth Programs Coordinator