PYM Mutual Aid Project
On Getting Involved Now:
A) Individuals, Monthly Meetings, other F/friends or local organizations who are in need of either direct services or financial assistance:
Please describe in detail what services or assistance is needed via the attached google form. All needs, skills, and talents are welcome and will further enrich our network.
B) Donations to the project may be made via check. Please write out your check to “Pacific Yearly Meeting,” and mail it to Roy Allen, Pacific Yearly Meeting Treasurer at: 580 Tamarack Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903. The memo line should state “”PYM Mutual Aid Project.” We ask that meetings consider a contribution to this effort.
C) Keep in touch & help spread the word! As so much is happening virtually right now, our network can span great distances and should include as many folks as possible. We ask specifically that Monthly Meetings and Worship Groups review their current support of members and attenders, and pinpoint individuals and organizations in their community with specific needs, so that we can match them with Friends who can be of assistance.
Within PYM, for PYM Friends
- Youth Programs Fund (of the Bob Vogel Endowment) and other sources for youth and intergenerational projects, programs and events
- Fund for Concerns (Ministry and Oversight)
- Unity with Nature Mini-Grants
PYM has a booklet on Leadings, “Faithfulness in Action,” to help Friends understand how to discern when they are experiencing a leading and get support in fulfilling the leading.
Financial Assistance to attend Annual Session
- Click here for information about Financial Assistance to attend PYM Annual Session
(Updated annually approximately May 1st. Also linked from the Annual Session Information page.)
Resources Beyond Pacific YM
- Quaker Earthcare Witness (QEW) Mini Grants: supports projects benefiting the environment and/or promoting environmental awareness and education.
- Lyman Fund: supports individuals seeking to follow their deepest inward spiritual leading. Due March 15 and September 15.
- Lists on other Quaker websites potentially applicable to Pacific YM applicants:
- Online fundraising pages / Crowdsourcing (such as GoFundMe.com)
Donate to PYM
Send a check to our Treasurer (Roy Allen, Berkeley). If it is for a particular fund, please say so in the memo line (e.g., “Voluntary Carbon Tax,” “Bob Vogel Endowment,” etc.)
Donations to PYM and other financial matters should be sent to the Treasurer’s address as posted on the Finance & Treasurer page.