Pacific Yearly Meeting’s 2019 Annual Session will take place July 12-17, 2019 (Friday through Wednesday) at Walker Creek Ranch near Petaluma, CA, USA. This year’s theme is “Dwelling in Truth and Trusting Divine Spirit” as described in the Clerk’s Call to Annual Session 2019. Everyone is welcome.
This page contains information and individual documents related to the preparation for and conduct of the 2019 Annual Session, as well as its outcomes. For information about PYM Annual Session in general, please see the Annual Session Information page.
REGISTRATION is open. (Link opens in a new window.)
- Register by June 12 to avoid late fees.
- The attendance fees list is available now, as is information about financial assistance and other ways to reduce the cost of attendance.
COMMITTEE REPORTS are due by June 14 and should follow these Guidelines for Reports to Annual Session (updated for 2019).
Click on any item in the Table of Contents to jump to that section.
- Register by June 12 to avoid late fees.
- Registration: Click here to register. (Opens in a new tab.)
- The attendance fees list is available now.
- Information about Financial Assistance.
Information for specific age groups
- Children’s Program, including permission/medical forms and Welcome Letter to Parents/Guardians/Sponsors
- Teens (Junior Yearly Meeting, aka JYM) including permission/medical forms
- JYM’s “What to Expect for Parents/Sponsors” and the “Welcome Letter and What to Bring – Packing List”: see JYM 2019 page
- Young Adult Friends (aka YAFs) and their pre-AS Retreat
- Adults who work with youth (FRAPs, Teachers, Committee Members, Staff, other Volunteers)
Some Deadlines for Annual Session 2019
- INTEREST GROUP PROPOSALS: March 3. See How to Schedule an Interest Group at Annual Session so you don’t miss the deadline next year.
- APPLY TO VOLUNTEER WITH TEENS OR CHILDREN’S PROGRAM: May 22 or until filled. A fantastic way for adults to experience Annual Session and have your registration fees waived as well. Click here for more information and the application form.
- BUDGET REQUESTS: June 1. Annual Session is where we approve next year’s general budget and any augmentations to current year’s general or annual session budgets. Send requests and input to Finance Committee in time for them to deliberate and prepare their report and budget proposals which FinCom must submit by June 14.
- ATTENDANCE ASSISTANCE REQUEST: May 27. Access the form from within registration. Ensure your Meeting communicates their decision about their portion of contribution by June 3. M&O will communicate decisions to applicants on June 10.
- REGISTRATION or CANCELLATION: June 12 to avoid late fees. After June 12 registrations are subject to a 5% late fee and cancellations are subject to a $100 cancellation fee.
- REPORTS: June 14. Committees, Officers and Representatives submitting reports for Annual Session should follow these Guidelines for Reports to Annual Session (updated for 2019).
- POST-SESSION EVALUATION FOR ATTENDERS: TBD
Advance Packet and Updates To It
PYM AS 2019 Packet of Advance Materials will be posted in early July. It will contain committee reports and other materials in preparation for Annual Session. If you just want an individual report, you will find it below under Committee and Officer Reports.
The following are reports and information that are either “new” (i.e. not in the Advance Packet) or have been revised or corrected from the version in the Packet:
During the Session
Schedules and Agendas
- Schedule for 2019 Annual Session
- Plenary Agendas
- The Schedule Explained 2019
- Interest Group Descriptions
- JYM Schedule 2019
This is the bulletin that seems to miraculously appear each morning at Annual Session with schedules, announcements and other information pertinent to attenders as well as to Friends generally.
Site: Walker Creek Ranch
Children’s Program Committee
Faith and Practice Revision Committee
Finance Committee and Treasurer
Junior Yearly Meeting (JYM) Adult Committee
Latin American Concerns Committee
Ministry and Oversight Committee
- New Document and Renewed Request for Further Seasoning on FGC Affiliation (posted 5/1/19)
- For links to past documents relating to FGC Affiliation, see also the M&O committee page.
- See also Racial Justice Subcommittee Report, below
- Note: Nominating Slates are proposals brought for approval at Annual Session. They typically go through multiple revisions in the course of the session as additional nominees are found. See the Nominating Committee page for the final approved PYM Roster as of close of session and for any updates that have been posted since then.
Peace and Social Order Committee
Quarterly Meetings Coordination Team
Racial Justice Subcommittee
- See “Finance Committee and Treasurer” above
Unity with Nature Committee
- See also QEW Representative report, below.
Youth Programs Coordinating Committee and YP Coordinator
Reports from Outside Organizations and from PYM Representatives to Outside Organizations
Epistles from other Yearly Meetings
The following epistles (or excerpts from them) were read at various plenary sessions
American Friends Service Committee
Evangelical Friends Church Southwest
Friends Bulletin Corp (Western Friend Magazine)
Friends Committee on Legislation of California
Friends Committee on National Legislation
Friends General Conference – Central Committee
Friends Peace Teams
Friends World Committee for Consultation
Quaker Earthcare Witness
Quaker Oaks Farm
Reunión General de los Amigos en México
William Penn House
Epistles from PYM Annual Session
General questions about PYM and Annual Session:
Sharon Gates, Assistant to the Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Magruder (Berkeley) and Lawrence Alderson (Orange County)
PYM Registrar Gmail <email@example.com>
Mailing Address to mail checks (made out to “Pacific Yearly Meeting”) for completed registrations:
PYM Registration; Joe Magruder; 1625 Curtis Street; Berkeley, CA 94702-1328.
Coordinator: Lee Sisson (Palo Alto) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Teens (Junior Yearly Meeting, aka JYM):
Adult Co-Clerks of JYM:
Muriel Strand (Sacramento) <email@example.com>
Sarah Armstrong Jones (Big Island) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Young Adult Friends (aka YAFs):
See more contacts on the Contact Us page