FLYER to download or print
YPC_Position_Announcement_2019_01_09 (PDF for easy printing or downloading)
Chico Friends Meeting has established a Quaker Fund for people affected by the Camp Fire in northern California. See the Chico Friends Meeting website for additional information.
Checks may be made payable to:
Chico Friends Meeting
and note “fire fund” in memo line.
Chico Friends Meeting
1601 Hemlock Street
Chico California 95926
Posted by Sharon Gates, PYM Assistant to the Clerk
11/25/18, revised 12/8/18.
Dear PYM Committee Clerks, Officers, and Reps,
We have a Zoom (video conferencing) account available for PYM-related business.
If you would like to request to schedule a zoom time block, contact the Assistant to the Clerk at <email@example.com>.
Include the following information:
Continue reading “Zoom Video Conferencing Available for PYM Business”
Dear Friends throughout Pacific Yearly Meeting,
**Please share this widely and encourage others to respond**
The PYM Youth Programs Committee (YPCC) is taking time to reflect on the expectations of the Youth Programs Coordinator (YPC) position, the roles of the committee and coordinator, and how to improve PYM’s ability to effectively operate as an employer. For these reasons, we are sending this invitation to participate in our program evaluation along with the announcement of Alyssa Nelson’s resignation from the YPC position.
Updated post 1/9/19:
Alyssa Nelson has agreed to postpone her resignation from the Youth Programs Coordinator position, originally slated for January 31, until later in the Spring in order to continue supporting youth and children’s committees as they prepare for upcoming events.
We are actively recruiting for a new Youth Programs Coordinator and ask your assistance in circulating the following job posting:
- Pacific YM Seeks Youth Programs Coordinator: Pacific Yearly Meeting is accepting applications to fill the full-time position of Youth Programs Coordinator. The role of the Youth Programs Coordinator is to enhance the spiritual development and nurture of youth (‘youth’ being defined as children, teens, and young adults) and intergenerational community within the Yearly Meeting. The full position announcement, job description, and application process are posted here. The position will remain open until filled, however priority will be given to applications received by February 15, 2019.
Original post 11/5/18:
We are writing you as co-clerks of the PYM Youth Programs Coordinating Committee with an announcement that might come as a surprise, along with a request for input into our program evaluation by December 30th.
Continue reading “Youth Programs Coordinator Resignation Announcement”
- Full Report: Youth Programs Report — Annual Session 2018 (PDF, 2 pages)
- See YPCC webpage for links to other YPC and YPCC reports and information.
Our Annual Session is a gathering of the Beloved Community where Friends labor and rejoice together in discerning the will of Spirit. For us to go deep into worship and community, we must create a safe and healthy container. Please use these reminders to make Annual Session a joyful occasion for all.
We ask that all Friends uphold the following expectations:
- JYM’s main page has more general information about What is JYM.
- See also: ANNUAL CALENDAR and general information for youth
Quick links for 2018 JYM:
- CONSENT FORMS for Minors: must submit to complete 2018 registration.Send to Registrar with payment.
- REGISTER online for JYM and the 2018 PYM Annual Session, held at Walker Creek Ranch, Petaluma, CA, USA from Friday, July 13 – Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
- See sections below for registration, required forms, and financial assistance to attend ….. and DANCE THEME!!!!!
Watch this page for …..
Dear PYM Friends,
Can you think of a Friend who’d be a good fit to volunteer with children or teens at Annual Session? Please send this message to them!