We have heard from members of Redwood Forest Meeting (in Santa Rosa), Grass Valley Meeting, and Lake County Worship Group. The Redwood Forest Meeting Resident Friend, Eric Moon, reports that he and the Meeting House are safe, though electricity and phone service are out. Friends House has been evacuated. Another Redwood City Friend, Julian Garrett, reports that he and other Friends have been evacuated but are doing well at this time. Amy Cooke (Grass Valley and Sierra Friends Center) shares that while there are fires close to the Center, they are gradually being contained and do not appear to be going in the direction of the center. The Center is also without power, but hoping to be back online by Friday when College Park Quarterly Meeting is scheduled to take place. Mary Miche (Lake County/Redwood Forest) reports that she is okay as are other members of the Lake County Worship Group, though some were evacuated. We will continue to post updates to the PYM website and Facebook group as events progress. Our hearts are with you all.
— Kylin Navarro, PYM M&O Committee, 10/10/17
Note: There are some more recent updates from individuals on the unofficial “Pacific Yearly Mtg.” Facebook Group (opens in a new tab)
Cathy Walling’s Reports to YPCC and PYM 2017 on Travelling in the Ministry to Australia (PDF)
These two reports (combined in one document) from Cathy Walling to PYM and the YPCC are also included in the (forthcoming) supplement to the YPCC Report to PYM Annual Session 2017, all to be posted on the Annual Session 2017 webpage.
Community Expectations – Pacific Yearly Meeting Annual Session 2017
Community expectations for PYM AS 2017 (PDF)
Our Annual Session is a gathering of the Beloved Community where Friends labor and rejoice together in discerning the will of Spirit. For us to go deep into worship and community, we must create a safe and healthy container. Please use these reminders to make Annual Session a joyful occasion for all.
We ask that all Friends will uphold the following expectations.
- We come to Annual Session with a loving attitude ready to be with one another in compassion, even when we are in disagreement.
- When there is conflict, we practice entering worship to seek God’s will. We listen deeply to others and speak our truth as plainly as we are able.
- We remember basic courtesy, and we speak with love. Peace is the way!
- We communicate our own personal boundaries and respect those of others.
- We ensure that children and parents are supported so that young people are safe, supervised and appropriately engaged as an integral part of our community.
- We remember that Annual Session is a Do-It-Yourself event and run by volunteers – members of our very own community. We seek the appropriate person to talk to and we are prepared to help with the solution to issues we bring forward for resolution.
- We are aware of our own and others’ needs and are willing to ask for and/or give help to others while also respecting everyone’s desire for independence.
- Consenting adults keep any sexual intimacy only within pre-existing committed relationships in order to focus on being in community for our time together at Annual Session. We expect that minors will not engage in sexual relations during Annual Session.
- We abstain from using alcohol and recreational or illegal drugs during Annual Session.
Thank you for helping make Annual Session a safe, healthy and fun occasion for the whole community!
If you would like to discuss any of these expectations please see a member of the Ministry and Oversight Committee. M&O members are also available to support anyone at Annual Session through mediation, worship and/or deep listening.
Dear PYM Friends,
Can you think of a Friend who’d be a good fit to volunteer with children or teens at Annual Session? Please send this message to them!
Continue reading “Volunteer with JYM or Children’s Program at 2017 PYM Annual Session: Application Online”
May 26-28, 2017: Clerking Workshop at Sierra Friends Center in Nevada City, CA, with facilitators Eric Moon and Diego Navarro, organized by PYM Young Adult Friends. All ages welcome. Register online by May 1st. Teens are invited, too, and must have an adult sponsor or parent/guardian onsite and submit medical/permission forms in a timely manner; there is a box on the form to indicate the teen’s sponsor or to request help.
Continue reading “Clerking Workshop –ALL AGES– organized by Young Adult Friends: Memorial Day Weekend at Sierra Friends Center”
Download: Clerk’s Call to PYM 2017 Annual Session (PDF) or read below.
For more information about Annual Session, please see the Annual Session Information page or the Minutes and Reports page.
Clerk’s Call to
2017 PACIFIC YEARLY MEETING ANNUAL SESSION
Walker Creek Ranch
Friday, July 14 to Wednesday, July 19, 2017
AWAKENING TO THE PRESENCE
Continue reading “Annual Session 2017 – Clerk’s Call”
April 10-14, 2017 (Monday-Friday leading up to Easter weekend)
Quaker Oaks Farm
Visalia, CA, USA
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
Potential donors: please see our Camp Fundraising Letter.
See the Quaker Oaks Farm website for information and online registration.
Continue reading “Spring Youth Service-Learning Camp with Wukchumni Tribe, Quaker Oaks Farm, April 10-14, 2017”