Pacific Yearly Meeting Statistical Report – 2013
This report summarizes membership information within the monthly meetings of Pacific Yearly Meeting (PYM) for the statistical year ending May 31, 2013.
There are 37 Monthly Meetings. Twenty-four meetings are in College Park Quarterly Meeting (65% of the total), nine meetings are in Southern California Quarterly Meeting (27% of the total), and four meetings are not affiliated with a Quarterly Meeting (Big Island, Honolulu, Guatemala, and Mexico City), which represent 7% of the membership.
There are 15 worship groups:
- Sierra Foothills Worship Group, under the care of Delta Meeting
- Maui, Kauai, and Molokai Worship Groups under the care of Honolulu Meeting
- Southern Humboldt Worship Group, under the care of Humboldt Meeting
- Las Vegas Worship Group, under the care of Inland Valley Friends Meeting
- Conejo Valley and Whitleaf, under the care of Orange Grove Monthly Meeting
- Friends House, Ukiah, and Lake County Worship Groups under the care of Redwood Forest Meeting
- West Marin Worship Group, under the care of San Francisco Meeting
- Ojai Worship Group, under the care of Santa Barbara Monthly Meeting
- Oakland Worship Group, under the care of Strawberry Creek Meeting
- Oaxaca Worship Group, under the care of Mexico City.
The largest Meetings are: Strawberry Creek (99), Palo Alto (97), and Berkeley (94). Seven Meetings have 9 or fewer members.
Overall membership within the Pacific Yearly Meeting has decreased by 44, for a total of 1,346, down from 1,390 last year.
Eighteen people joined by convincement, 26 members died, and 22 members were released or withdrew. Eleven members transferred into Meetings; 17 transferred out.
Within the past 10 years, PYM member meetings were blessed with a high of 1,534 members (2004). The lowest number of members is in 2013. Total membership was down 3.2% for this statistical year, and the ten-year loss is 11.5%
A 10-year Year-over-Year view of PYM membership changes, and the number and types of changes per Meeting, will be available on the Pacific Yearly Meeting Website.
Respectfully submitted, Lee Knutsen, PYM Statistical Clerk