This post is linked from the YPCC web page.
PYM Youth Programs Coordinating Committee
Program Evaluation Report 2019
(See also the summary of responses in appendix in linked PDF, above)
Responses to an online survey, sent to meetings and individuals in December 2018, provided clear support of the Youth Programs Coordinator (YPC) and offered suggestions and critiques of the efforts of the YPC and the Youth Programs Coordinating Committee (YPCC). Respondents who have been active in regional events such as Annual Session and Quarterly Meetings were more knowledgeable regarding impacts on the youth programs and listed many positive changes observed since the program began. A desire for support of the children’s program and youth programs in monthly meetings was expressed. A concern that youth programs were not developing a spiritual foundation and that we address issues of racism, classism, sexism and ageism were also expressed. Respondents were divided regarding the question of hiring an administrative support person and focusing the YPC role on youth activities. A majority of respondents support the cost of the YPC as money well spent, with some expressing concern regarding the impact of the cost on meeting budgets and limited impact seen at the monthly meeting level.
Continue reading “YPCC Evaluation Report to AS 2019”
Dear Children’s Program Families of Pacific Yearly Meeting:
Thank you for registering your child(ren) for Pacific Yearly Meeting’s 2019 Annual Session! The Children’s Program Committee looks forward to our joyous work of nurturing children and families at Annual Session.
Please read this letter thoroughly in preparation for our week together.
Last year we had a lot of fun and came together as a community to learn more about the Quaker Way. This year, we’ll continue taking advantage of outdoor education opportunities at the site and blending them with other forms of Quaker teaching and learning. And once again, we have an enthusiastic and skilled group of teachers and support staff. Continue reading “Welcome Letter to Children’s Program Families 2019”
• Full Report: Youth Programs Coordinating Committee Report to Annual Session 2019 (PDF: 8 pages including appendices)
● Welcoming and Introducing our new YPC and Interest Group
● Farewell to Alyssa Nelson, past YPC
● State of the YPC Committee
● Program Evaluation from Winter 2018/2109
● Financial Notes:
○ Budget action item — request for augmentation for current FY
○ Budget notes — request for next year, submitted to Finance
○ Youth Programs Fund (interest from the Bob Vogel Endowment) Usage Report
○ Budget action item — proposal to change the administration of PYM budget lines 5288 and 2742 for young Friends travel into a contribution to the principal of the Bob Vogel Endowment
● Program items that the YPC and YPCC have been supporting
● Requests to Monthly Meeting Reps and PYM Committee Clerks
Greetings Pacific Yearly Meeting,
The Youth Programs Coordinating Committee is excited to introduce you to our new Youth Programs Coordinator, Javaughn Fernanders!
She holds a Masters in Liberal Studies from Indiana University and a Bachelors in Communication, Public Relations and Journalism from La Sierra University in Riverside, California.
Javaughn comes to us most recently from Oregon and is excited to return this summer to California where she first became a Quaker and joined the Santa Monica Monthly Meeting. Prior to this position, Javaughn has worked as an educator, park ranger, and Youth Group Coordinator for the Illinois Yearly Meeting.
In her free time, she enjoys hiking, creating art and raising her two children whom she hopes you’ll meet someday soon. What she loves especially about working with youth is helping young people develop a spiritual practice that fuels the Light within and informs outward action.
Javaughn will officially begin in the position on July 1st and will attend annual sessions this summer. Please stop by the YPCC interest group where she will be more formally introduced to the yearly meeting community!
In the Light,
Bertha Peña and Rebekah Percy
PDF for download: ypc_Epistle013_May2019_AlyssaFarewell.pdf
See YPCC page for a list of all YPC Epistles and Announcements
May 15, 2019 – From Alyssa Nelson
Hello Pacific Yearly Meeting Friends! And farewell!!
After eleven years (!!!), the time has come to bid you a ‘see you around.’ Today is my official last day as the PYM Youth Programs Coordinator, a role I’ve been in since August 2011 and an initiative I’ve been part of in various ways since spring 2008. I’m writing to make sure everyone knows I’m leaving and to take this opportunity to share some reflections.
(For those sitting on the edge of your seats right now…, Yes, there will be a new YPC. The Youth Programs Coordinating Committee will be making an announcement about that shortly. At the end of this epistle you’ll find a list of contact people for the interim.) Continue reading “YPC Epistle XIII – Alyssa’s Farewell – May 2019”
Update 6/5/19: MORE VOLUNTEERS ARE STILL NEEDED WITH THE TEEN AND CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS, as soon as possible: A fantastic way for adults to experience Annual Session and have your registration fees waived as well. Learn more below in the original invitation:
Dear PYM Friends:
Can you think of a Friend who’d be a good fit to volunteer with children or teens at Annual Session? Please send this message to them!
Continue reading “Volunteer with JYM or Children’s Program at 2019 PYM Annual Session: DEADLINE EXTENDED”
Quick links for 2019 JYM:
- CONSENT AND MEDICAL FORMS for Minors (PDF): must submit to complete 2019 registration. Send to Registrar with payment.
- REGISTER online for JYM and the 2019 PYM Annual Session, being held at Walker Creek Ranch, Petaluma, CA, USA from Friday, July 12 – Wednesday, July 17, 2019.
- See sections below for registration, required forms, and financial assistance to attend ….. and DANCE THEME!!!!!
- Contacts: The Adult Co-Clerks of JYM Committee are Muriel Strand <email@example.com> and Sarah Armstrong Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Watch this page for …..
Continue reading “Welcome to JYM 2019”