Dear Friends throughout Pacific Yearly Meeting,
**Please share this widely and encourage others to respond**
The PYM Youth Programs Committee (YPCC) is taking time to reflect on the expectations of the Youth Programs Coordinator (YPC) position, the roles of the committee and coordinator, and how to improve PYM’s ability to effectively operate as an employer. For these reasons, we are sending this invitation to participate in our program evaluation along with the announcement of Alyssa Nelson’s resignation from the YPC position.
Continue reading “Evaluation of PYM Youth Programs — Responses Requested by 12/30/18 from Individuals, Meetings, Committees, Organizations, and other Groups”
Updated post 5/16/19:
May 15, 2019 was Alyssa Nelson’s last day in the YPC job. You can read more in her farewell letter, YPC Epistle XIII – May 2019.
The Youth Programs Coordinating Committee will be making an announcement about the new YPC shortly. At the end of Alyssa’s final epistle contains contact people for the interim.
Updated post 1/9/19:
Alyssa Nelson has agreed to postpone her resignation from the Youth Programs Coordinator position, originally slated for January 31, until later in the Spring in order to continue supporting youth and children’s committees as they prepare for upcoming events.
We are actively recruiting for a new Youth Programs Coordinator and ask your assistance in circulating the following job posting:
- Pacific YM Seeks Youth Programs Coordinator: Pacific Yearly Meeting is accepting applications to fill the full-time position of Youth Programs Coordinator. The role of the Youth Programs Coordinator is to enhance the spiritual development and nurture of youth (‘youth’ being defined as children, teens, and young adults) and intergenerational community within the Yearly Meeting. The full position announcement, job description, and application process are posted here. The position will remain open until filled, however priority will be given to applications received by February 15, 2019.
Original post 11/5/18:
We are writing you as co-clerks of the PYM Youth Programs Coordinating Committee with an announcement that might come as a surprise, along with a request for input into our program evaluation by December 30th.
Continue reading “Youth Programs Coordinator Resignation Announcement”
Quick links for 2018 JYM:
Watch this page for …..
Continue reading “Welcome to JYM 2018”
Dear PYM Friends,
Can you think of a Friend who’d be a good fit to volunteer with children or teens at Annual Session? Please send this message to them!
Continue reading “Volunteer with JYM or Children’s Program at 2018 PYM Annual Session: Deadline extended until filled”
Please share with your meetings and invite f/Friends:
Paula Palmer (Boulder Friends Meeting, Intermountain Yearly Meeting) will be traveling in the ministry among Northern California PYM Friends, March 28 – April 17, 2018. In addition to leading a weekend workshop at Ben Lomond Quaker Center, she will be offering workshops, presentations, and film discussions at many local meetings. Please see list below and links to further information.
Continue reading “Toward Right Relationship with Native Peoples — Paula Palmer visiting California, March 28-April 17, 2018”
Friends are invited to the upcoming, 42nd session of the General Meeting of Friends in Mexico (RGAM) to be held May 5 and 6 in San Nicolás de los Garza in the northeastern state of Nuevo León. This year’s theme is “Are our young people called to serve God?”
Continue reading “Reunión General / General Meeting of Friends in Mexico (RGAM), May 5-6, 2018”
5th Annual Spring Youth Service Learning Camp
March 26-30, 2018
(Monday-Friday leading up to Easter weekend)
Quaker Oaks Farm
Visalia, CA, USA
A partnership of Quaker Oaks Farm, the Wukchumni Yokuts Tribe,
and Pacific Yearly Meeting Youth Programs
See the Quaker Oaks Farm website for details and online application.
Come explore and learn about the Land, Plants and Indigenous People of Pa’an. We will learn how to use the Plants around us for Food, Tools and Fun. We will work to restore the Earth and understand the ways we are bound together with all Creation. We will share our Histories and Love one another across Seeming Divides, all through Fun, Interactive Activities.
WAYS TO HELP:
- Help a potential camper APPLY ONLINE (Deadline for Priority Registration has ended, but we are accepting additional applications. Time is of the essence if you want to be considered for the remaining openings. )
- Post the FLYER at your Meeting House, School, Clubhouse, etc.
- SHARE our Fundraising Appeal Letter
- VOLUNTEER: Contact Melissa Lovett-Adair, email@example.com
- Request our model “Letter to Teachers” for a student who wants to take time off from school to participate in camp and/or get school credit
- SPREAD this message among friends!
Continue reading “Spring Youth Service-Learning Camp with Wukchumni Tribe, Quaker Oaks Farm, March 26-30, 2018”
PDF version: Clerks Call to RepCom 2018
Clerk’s Call to
PYM Representative Committee 2018:
FAITHFULNESS: A CALL TO PRACTICE RADICAL VULNERABILITY
Continue reading “Clerk’s Call to PYM Representative Committee 2018”