… that are under the care of or somehow connected with PYM Communications Committee…
Contacts: Directories, PYM Emails, and Contact Form
We have several initiatives for improved communications within PYM that are not yet operational. See the Contact Us page for those that are operational.
- Contact Form: We are working to reinstate an online contact form on this site.
- Directories: We are exploring options for a PYM-wide directory. In the meantime ask your local meeting’s PYM Representative for access to the SCQM and CPQM directories.
- Role-Based Email Addresses: We are also working to reestablish our @pacificyearlymeeting.org email addresses. For now, there are a few key roles using gmail addresses as listed on the Contact Us page. If in the meantime you are in a role that needs an email address, please vet your address through Communications Committee so that we can maintain some consistency. If you don’t really need an address right away, please wait until we get the @pacificyearlymeeting.org system going again to avoid causing unnecessary confusion.
Virtual Committee Meetings Support
Video and Phone Meetings
- Detailed options for Video and Phone meetings for conducting PYM business
- Direct link to instructions on how to schedule a Zoom meeting on PYM’s account
[link to info coming soon]
Many of our committees are using Google Drive (“Docs”). As committee clerks and members turn over, we need to make sure that the ownership of these files gets transferred, access kept current, and private and confidential materials protected.
Listservs and Email support for Committees and Groups
Some PYM committees set up listservs, such as with Google Groups, for communication among themselves (though they almost always defer decision-making to their meeting times, which makes for better process in finding Unity). Email listservs work by having one email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, which sends the intended email to everyone in the group. This makes it easier to ensure that everyone gets the sent message (that someone isn’t inadvertently left off, or that it goes to their correct address), and it also creates an email archive.
Here are some tips if you’re setting up or updating your committee’s listserv:
- Make sure more than one person is the ‘owner’ in case something happens to one of them or their email account. One option is to ask Communications Committee to appoint a person or account to be your back-up administrator (they don’t have to read all the emails, just have access if need be).
- Ask the PYM Presiding Clerk if they want to be on your listserv (this keeps them updated and allows them to easily communicate with your committee).
- Decide if you want it to be a closed or open group. In the permission settings, make sure that all of your members can send/post. There is an option to allow ‘anyone on the web’ to send messages to the group; there might be a reason you want this, but probably not. You can also make the group visible or invisible in the Google Group listings: unless you want anyone on the web to be able to ask to join, set it to private.
- If and when Communications Committee sets up G Suite for PYM, there will be a listserv option within it.
Note: The Youth Programs Coordinator maintains the listservs for YPCC, JYM, and CPC.
Website and Announcement Requests
We are in the process of redesigning and cleaning up this website. Thank you for your feedback and patience!
Trying to find something on this site? First try using the menu bar near the top of the page or the announcements on the home page. If that doesn’t work, you might try some options shown on the right side of this page: the site Search box, the Categories list, or browsing through the recent posts. (Note that the search box and categories list only cover a portion of the site.)
To have something posted to the website and/or emailed out, send your request to PYM Assistant to Clerk Gmail <email@example.com>. Usually our process is to make a post on the website and then send out a message with a link to the new post or web page update.
Registration Support to PYM Registrars
Social media links can be found on our links page. Note that some of these may be informal and not under the care of any committee.
Reports from ComCom and ECSC
The Communications Committee’s predecessor, the Electronic Communications Subcommittee of Ministry and Oversight, or ECSC, has issued reports in the past.
- 2018 Annual Session Report (ComCom)
- 2018 RepCom Report (ComCom)
- 2017 Report to Ministry & Oversight on ESCS Status – June 2017
- Website Policy (approved 7/2018)
- PYM Website Policy 2006/7 (the old policy, approved in 2007, replaced in 2018)
Data Protection Policy
Contact us page
See the Complete List of PYM officers, appointees, committee members, and delegates, linked from the Nominating Committee’s page.
Contact the Web Team
If you notice errors on the PYM website or want to request material to be posted, please contact the web team at PYMWebsiteGmail <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Contact the PYM Secretariat
For matters relating to PYM minutes (at annual session or RepCom), or concerning the Daily Miracle newsletter at annual session, contact PYMSecretariatGmail <PYMSecretariat@gmail.com>
Contact the Assistant to the Clerk
- To submit reports for Annual Session or RepCom
- For having committee/officer announcements posted to the website and sent out to PYM Clerks/Officers and Reps to Outside Organizations, PYM Reps to Monthly Meetings, Clerks of Monthly Meetings and Worship Groups, and/or other subgroups.
See job descriptions page (Communications Committee’s is in process of being approved and isn’t yet available)
Creation of a new Communications Committee of Pacific Yearly Meeting was authorized at Annual Session 2017 as part of a broader restructuring of PYM approved in AS Minute 2017-06. The approved restructuring proposal describes the new committee in the following terms:
[The Communications Committee] could initially be created with the current Electronic Communications Subcommittee of Ministry & Oversight and the Secretariat Committee. As the name states, this committee would be responsible for communications within the Yearly Meeting (electronic and other) and would take on some of the related tasks currently performed by the Assistant to the Clerk (who would serve on this committee ex officio). Communications Committee would be responsible for the Yearly Meeting’s online presence, including the PYM website, social media and other presences as these are developed. It would also be responsible for the Daily Miracle and the secretariat office duties related to Annual Session.
A more detailed job description for the committee is being worked out.
Site Administration Login (Communications Committee Only)