The Religious Education for Children Committee has been reorganized as the Religious Education Subcommittee of Ministry Commitee.
At the same time its scope has been broadened to include the education of adults as well as of children. This occurred as part of a broader restructuring of PYM approved at Annual Session 2017.
This page contains reports and materials produced by the former Religious Education for Children Committee, as well as materials offered by the new Subcommittee for all ages.
Religious Education Resources
For Pacific Yearly Meeting Friends of All Ages
Whatever your needs, or your meeting’s needs, they are probably not unique. Others have also experienced them, thought about them, developed and implemented initiatives and programs around them. You don’t have to re-invent the wheel! The internet allows us to connect with the thinking of the wider world of Quakers, including many road-tested programs. The document below describes some that have come to our attention so far; tell us about your favorites, and about what’s worked for you or your meeting!
Art by Maggie Nelson
- PYM Religious Education Resources (PDF, rev 2018-06-05)
- It Takes a Meeting to Raise a Quaker (PDF) ©2007 FriendsPublishing Corporation. Reprinted with permission. www.friendsjournal.org
- Queries for Children 2003 (PDF) – from Orange Grove Monthly Meeting Prior resources for Children’s Education
- Issue #7, Summer 2009: Sharing Our Faith: The Light Under the Bushel Basket? (PDF)
- Issue #6, Winter 2008-2009: Learn by Doing (PDF)
- Issue #5, Summer 2008: Youth Membership (PDF)
- Issue #4, Autumn 2007: Lesson From a Book and Other FGC Resources (PDF)
- Issue #3, January 2007: Stories Take Us Deeper (PDF)
- Issue #2, August 2006: Religious Ed in the Small Meetings (PDF)
- Issue #1, April 2006: On sharing our Questions (PDF)