Pacific Yearly Meeting’s 2018 Representative Committee meeting (“RepCom”) took place March 2-4, 2018, at Orange Grove Friends Meeting, Pasadena, CA, USA. It was co-hosted by Orange Grove and Santa Monica Monthly Meetings.
This page contains reports and minutes from the 2018 meeting. For general information about Representative Committee and links to records from other years’ meetings, see the RepCom pages.
For a summary of some of the highlights from RepCom 2018, here is a sample report that one Representative gave at his Meeting’s business meeting the week after. If you are a Representative yourself, you might draw on this example in preparing your own report to your Monthly Meeting or Worship Group.
For details of the meeting, see the RepCom 2018 Minutes Packet below. The packet includes all of the advance committee and officer reports as well as minutes from the oral presentations at the meeting.
- Clerk’s Call and Advance Materials
- Minutes from RepCom 2018
- Committee and Officer Reports
- Arrangements Committee
- Children’s Program Committee
- Communications Committee
- Discipline / Faith & Practice Revision Committee
- Finance Committee & Treasurer
- PYM Holding Corporation
- Junior Yearly Meeting (JYM) Committee
- Latin American Concerns Committee
- Ministry & Oversight Committee
- Naming Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Peace and Social Order Committee
- Racial Justice Subcommittee
- Statistical Clerk
- Unity with Nature Committee
- Visiting Friend
- Young Adult Friends
- Youth Programs Coordinating Committee & YP Coordinator
- Other Reports or Announcements
- Some Deadlines
Clerk’s Call and Advance Materials
Most committee reports and other materials in preparation for RepCom were collected into a single PDF file, RepCom 2018 Packet of Advance Materials (a few stragglers did not make it in). All of these reports (including the stragglers, but not the Clerk’s Call) are now included as attachments in the Minutes Packet below, so you’re better off seeking them there. Or, if you really just want an individual report, you will find it below under Committee and Officer Reports.
The following are the advance materials that are not in the Minutes Packet:
- Clerk’s Call to 2018 Representative Committee Meeting
- RepCom 2018 Schedule and Agenda
- Rep Rap for Annual Session 2017 (Rap lyrics by Trudy Freidel, who took a light-hearted look at Annual Session 2017 as a Representative might “report” it (in rap) to their monthly meeting.)
- Additional Information about FGC Affiliation and a Request for Monthly Meetings to Season (matter to be brought for consideration at Annual Session 2018)
- Restaurants near Orange Grove Meeting
Minutes from RepCom 2018
- RepCom 2018 Minutes Packet DRAFT-7 (DRAFT ONLY)
- Due to a technical glitch, we are unable to post the finalized minutes at this time, but the differences are minor. We hope to have finalized minutes posted in early May.
Committee and Officer Reports
Written reports issued in preparation for RepCom are posted here. They are sorted alphabetically by committee/officer. All of these reports are also included as attachments in the Minutes Packet, so you’re probably better off seeking them there unless you really just want an individual report.
Children’s Program Committee
Discipline / Faith & Practice Revision Committee
Finance Committee & Treasurer
- Treasurer’s Report to RepCom 2018 (Updated 2/8/18)
- Finance Report to RepCom 2018-02-28 (NOT IN ADVANCE PACKET)
PYM Holding Corporation
PYM Holding Corp Report to RepCom 2018 – (added 2/24/18, NOT IN 2/22 ADVANCE PACKET, but in current one 2/24)
Junior Yearly Meeting (JYM) Committee
(no written report, oral report is reflected in the minutes)
Latin American Concerns Committee
Ministry & Oversight Committee
- Ministry and Oversight Report to RepCom 2018
- Additional Information about FGC Affiliation and a Request for Monthly Meetings to Season (NOT IN ADVANCE PACKET)(NOT IN MINUTES PACKET)
- Summary of Evaluations of Annual Session 2017
- Naming Committee Report to RepCom 2018 (NOT IN ADVANCE PACKET)
Current roster can be found on the Nominating Committee page
Peace and Social Order Committee
Racial Justice Subcommittee
See Ministry & Oversight
- Registrars Report to RepCom 2018-03-02 (NOT IN ADVANCE PACKET)
See “Finance Committee & Treasurer” above
Unity with Nature Committee
See Ministry & Oversight
Young Adult Friends
YAFs at last Annual Session chose not to have clerks or any appointed positions. See YAF Clerks’ Report to Annual Session 2017
Youth Programs Coordinating Committee & YP Coordinator
Other Reports or Announcements
These deadlines are now all passed
- REGISTRATION for RepCom deadline was Feb 2. Don’t even try.
- REPORTS to RepCom deadline was Feb 11. Instructions for submission were the same as for submission of annual session reports (just substitute “RepCom” for “Annual Session”).
- ANNUAL SESSION BUDGET REQUESTS: RepCom is where we approved the Annual Session budget. Cry on the shoulder of Clerk of Finance Committee, David Barrows (San Diego).
- INTEREST GROUPS FOR ANNUAL SESSION: March 4, 2018 (the end of RepCom), was also the deadline for committees to submit seasoned proposals for Interest Groups at Annual Session 2018. See How to Schedule an Interest Group at Annual Session for details.