Pacific Yearly Meeting’s 2022 Representative Committee meeting (“RepCom 2022”) took place February 26 and March 5, 2022, via Zoom. There was also an orientation meeting for Monthly Meeting Representatives on Friday, February 25, via Zoom.
This page contains information and materials that were posted in preparation for RepCom 2022. The minutes of the meeting will be posted on the PacYM Minutes page when they are finalized. For information about Representative Committee in general and links to information about other years’ meetings see the Representative Committee page.
The theme of our Annual Session in July will be
Beloved Community: What Does It Mean to Belong: to Ourselves, to Each Other, to the Earth?
Everyone in PacYM is invited to RepCom – you don’t need to be your Monthly Meeting’s representative, and you don’t need to be serving the Yearly Meeting in any particular role. At the same time we need the participation of Meeting Reps, committee clerks, officers, and organizational representatives to enable us to conduct our business.
In preparation for Annual Session, any business that committees, officers, or representatives to outside organizations intend to bring to Annual Session must be brought for a “first reading” to Representative Committee. If you have an item for the RepCom agenda, contact Laura Magnani, Presiding Clerk (Clerk@pacificyearlymeeting.org).
We look forward to having you join us for these important meetings, especially because we will be exploring the possibilities for meeting both in-person and on line, in a blended annual session. Your wisdom and Spirit will help guide that process.
Questions about RepCom? Email AssistantToTheClerk@pacificyearlymeeting.org
Representative Committee (RepCom) will be held virtually over two Saturdays, February 26 and March 5, 2022, with three zoom sessions on each of those days: 9:30-11:30am; 1:00-2:30pm; 3:30-5:00pm. There will also be a meeting just of Monthly Meeting Representatives to Yearly Meeting from 7:00-8:30 p.m. on Friday, February 25, to familiarize reps with the purpose of RepCom and their role in it.
Summary of Deadlines
- REGISTRATION: Registration is now closed.
- INTEREST GROUP PROPOSALS for Annual Session: 11:59pm, Saturday, March 5. (see below)
Proposing Interest Groups for Annual Session
See How to Propose an Interest Group for Annual Session for information about submitting an Interest Group proposal for the Annual Session. Interest groups need to be sponsored by a PacYM committee. The deadline for submitting a proposal is 11:59pm, March 5. To submit a proposal, click HERE. This year we will be introducing a new option, in order to accommodate more offerings, a time slot before the gathering and the weekend after the gathering, entirely by Zoom.
Junior Yearly Meeting
We are very aware that our younger Friends have had a difficult time remaining connected with the rest of us (and we with them) during the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope that we will be able to be with our younger Friends again at an in-person annual session in July 2022. We are working with the Youth Programs Coordinator to develop a strong and meaningful program for all of our young people.
Clerk’s Invitation to RepCom 2022 contains useful information for anyone planning to attend RepCom or anyone involved with PacYM business.
- Site Exploration Team (for Annual Session 2022) – Report by Heather Levien (Assistant to the Clerk)
- Agenda for Saturday, March 5 (posted 3/4)
- Agenda for Saturday, February 26 (posted 2/24)
- Packet of Advance Materials RepCom 2022 This all-in-one PDF includes the Clerk’s Invitation to RepCom, the Report of the Site Exploration Team (for Annual Session 2022), and all committee and representative reports that were submitted prior to February 15, 2022. Any updates or corrections to reports in the Advance Packet will be noted in the following section.
Updates to Advance Packet
Reports submitted after Feb 15 (and therefore not in the Advance Packet), or any corrections to reports in the Advance Packet, are listed here:
- Unity with Nature Committee – Report to RepCom 2022 (posted 2/23/22)
- Treasurer’s Report to RepCom 2022 (corrected 2/25) (posted 2/25/22)
- Indigenous Concerns Subcommittee – Report to RepCom 2022(posted 2/25/22)
- Junior Yearly Meeting (JYM) Committee – Report to RepCom 2022 (posted 3/10/22)
Committee and Officer Reports
All documents below are also contained in the Advance Packet (a single PDF) except where indicated otherwise. Most will also be contained in the Minutes Packet when it is posted.
- Arrangements Committee – Report to RepCom 2022
- Children’s Program Committee – Report to RepCom 2022
- Communications Committee – Report to RepCom 2022
- Discipline Committee – Report to RepCom 2022
- Finance Committee Report to RepCom 2022
- Junior Yearly Meeting (JYM) Committee – Report to RepCom 2022 (posted 3/10/22, not in Advance Packet)
- Latin American Concerns Committee – Report to RepCom 2022
- Ministry Committee -Report to RepCom 2022
- Eldering Subcommittee – Report to RepCom 2022
- Indigenous Concerns Subcommittee – Report to RepCom 2022 (posted 2/25/22, not in Advance Packet)
- Nominating Committee – Report to RepCom 2022
- Peace & Social Order Committee – Report to RepCom 2022
- Treasurer’s Report to RepCom 2022 (corrected 2/25) (posted 2/25/22, not in Advance Packet)
- Treasurer’s Report to RepCom 2022, original report in Advance Packet is obsolete
- Unity with Nature Committee – Report to RepCom 2022 (posted 2/23/22, not in Advance Packet)
- Youth Programs Coordinating Committee – Report to RepCom 2022
Reports from our Representatives and Observers to Outside Organizations. These are also in the Advance Packet and will be in the Minutes Packet afterwards.
- Representatives to American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) – Report to RepCom 2022
- Representatives to Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) – Report to RepCom 2022
After RepCom concludes minutes will be available on the PacYM Minutes page once they are finalized.