Unity with Nature [UwN] Committee’s function is to encourage, support, share, and bring forward Pacific Yearly Meeting Friends’ concerns, Witness, and Leadings for earth care and sustainability. Central to our concerns for the last many years is to slow and eventually stop global warming and its horrific proliferation of dire consequences for both humans and the whole ecosystem. We lift up and listen to each others’ living Testimonies caring for the earth.
UwN Committee’s page shares reports, links, and resources. Please email UwN’s current clerk with questions, comments, or suggestions or speak with any member of UwN committee. We welcome comments.
- Unity with Nature Committee Report to Annual Session 2017
- Unity with Nature Committee Report to RepCom 2017
- Mini-Grant Program Information and Application – FY2018-2019. This program supports Quaker projects having a primary purpose of benefiting the natural world and/or promoting ecological awareness and education in the community. Friends’ organizations — whether a school, meeting or other group—are eligible to apply.
Traveling Earthcare Ministry Grant Program
- Traveling Earthcare Ministry Grant Program Information and Application – FY2018-2019. This new program gives grants to members or attenders of Monthly Meeting and Worship Groups within PYM with leadings to travel with a concern for earthcare.
Voluntary Carbon Tax
Concrete Steps Friends Can Take
UwN Committee & QEW Info
- Unity with Nature Proposed Charter and Goals, rev. Oct. 2014
- What It Is Like to Be a Member of Unity With Nature, rev. June 2017
- Quaker Earthcare Witness website
Testimonies, Minutes, and Statements on Earthcare and Climate Change
From PYM Friends bodies
- PYM’s Minute of Accountability 2015 for reducing use of and divested from fossil fuels:
- “We hold a deep concern for over‐reliance and investment in fossil fuels. We ask monthly meetings and individuals to engage in discernment on how to reduce their dependence and investment in fossil fuels. Meetings and individuals are asked to share their efforts with the greater community.” (Minute 2015-5)
Minute On Climate Change and Divestment from Fossil Fuels (2014) from Strawberry Creek Meeting
From wider Friends bodies
- Quaker Earthcare Witness and its Sustainability, Faith, and Action Working Group
Past Reports and Resources
- Unity with Nature Report to Annual Session 2016
- PYM Rep to Quaker Earthcare Witness Report to Annual Session 2016
- Unity with Nature Report to RepCom 2016
- UwN proposed minute on nuclear power (about 2011)
- Unity with Nature Report to RepCom 2011 (PDF file)
- Unity With Nature Committee old website from 2002 (website link hosted on Quaker.org, here for historical purposes)