- The very latest Daily Miracle: There is currently no plan to have a DM for Annual Session 2020.
- Submission instructions: see below. Please please read these instructions – submissions get lost or garbled when instructions aren’t followed.
The “Daily Miracle” is the bulletin that miraculously appears each morning at PYM Annual Sessions with the day’s schedules, announcements and other late-breaking news and information pertinent to attenders as well as to Friends generally. Each Daily Miracle is published both electronically here as well on paper at the annual session.
Current Daily Miracles
Archive of Past Daily Miracles
- Daily Miracles 2019 all-in-one
- Daily Miracles 2018 all-in-one
- Daily Miracles 2017 all-in-one
- Daily Miracles 2016
- Daily Miracles 2015 all-in-one
Note: There is currently no plan to have a Daily Miracle in 2020. These instructions were for prior years.
Deadline for submission to the Daily Miracle is 9:00 pm the night before publication (or 8:15 pm if submitted on paper in the box in the plenary tent).
IMPORTANT “NON-PRIVACY” NOTICE: The Daily Miracle is a public document. In addition to being distributed on paper at annual session, it is also published electronically on the PYM website which anyone outside of PYM can read at any time. By submitting material to the Daily Miracle you are consenting to such publication. Therefore your content should not include any personal or private information (such as email addresses or phone numbers) that you do not wish to be accessible publicly or that you are not yourself authorized to publish.
- Email submission is preferred. Address your email as follows
- To: PYMSecretariat@gmail.com
- Subject: For Daily Miracle: …your-subject-here…
- Note: The Secretariat gets a lot of email NOT related to Daily Miracle, so please include “For Daily Miracle:” in the subject line so your message is not overlooked.
- Paper submissions accepted if you can’t arrange email, but the paper deadline is 8:15 if left in the box in the plenary tent (still 9:00 pm if brought personally to the Secretariat, which is in Jack Rabbit, near N.E. corner of the Bath House).
- Either way, please include the following info in your submission (each is explained below). You might copy/paste this list into your email and “fill it out” there.
- Submitter’s name (that’s you)
- Quickest contact (text # or email in case we need immediate clarification, not for publication)
- Author’s name and role (if different from submitter)
- Date(s) you want material to appear
- Other comments or instructions for the editors
- The actual content to be published (see “non-privacy” notice above), namely:
- Suggested Headline
- Body of text to publish (in plain text, no fancy formatting)
- Submitter’s name (that’s you)
Explanation of the requested info (why we need it, how it gets used):
- Note: Anything you don’t spell out, we may be forced to make assumptions and they might be the wrong assumptions.
Submitter’s name and quickest way to reach you. We may have questions we need answered a.s.a.p. If you’re not checking email regularly can you give us a phone number where we can text you? (Room or tent location are not helpful, as we don’t have time to seek you out.)
Author’s name (if different from submitter) and role (e.g. “John Dough, clerk, Baking Committee”, or “personal”).
Date(s) you want material to appear. We will assume it’s “tomorrow only” if you don’t specify.
The actual content to publish, namely:
Suggested Headline. As editors we reserve the right to edit the headline you suggest, but often we’re at a loss or we’re too sleepy to think, so help us out or we may come up with something that makes you squirm.
Body text. This is the text that will actually be published. Send us plain text, no fancy layout, no Word “styles”. We have to strip out all fancy formatting when we bring everything together. Bold and italic are OK, but we reserve the right to change even that if necessary to fit with surrounding context. We’ll do our best with bulleted or numbered lists, but please keep the formatting simple.
Also, remember that the Daily Miracle is a public document. See the Important “Non-Privacy” Notice above.
Attribution. How do you want the material to be “signed” or “attributed” when published. We will assume it’s the “author/role” if you indicate one or the “submitter”. We might put the attribution at the end, or we might put it up with the headline. You can specify “none” if the item doesn’t merit attribution, but we may question you on that.
Once again: Send email submissions to PYMSecretariat@gmail.com with Subject “For Daily Miracle: … “. Or use the paper submission form. Either way get it to us by 9:00 pm (or 8:15 in the plenary tent) so we can get some sleep.
Thank you ever so much! — On behalf of the Secretariat volunteers, George Mills, Secretariat Clerk.