This page provides information about the PacYM Communications and Membership Database and the Directory of Members and Attenders.
About the Database and the Directory
Pacific Yearly Meeting has a long history of laboring with how to support communication within the Yearly Meeting. By Annual Session 2017, the Electronic Communications Subcommittee had drafted a detailed proposal and set of requirements for a communications and membership database for the whole yearly meeting. The purpose of the database is three-fold:
- Directory: to allow individual Friends to easily find and communicate with each other through the creation of a Pacific Yearly Meeting-wide directory;
- Email lists: to allow groups of Friends to communicate with each other easily through the development of email distribution lists; and
- Membership database: to provide Pacific Yearly Meeting’s statistical clerk(s) with a current count of members, by name and monthly meeting.
Refinement of the proposal was continued by the newly-formed Communications Committee over the next several years. In 2020 Representative Committee united with this leading, as recorded in Minute RC 2020-11. The PacYM Communications and Membership Database has been under development since then.
The PacYM Directory of Members and Attenders (“the Directory”) contains contact information from the database only for those individuals who have agreed to have their information published in this way. Thus the Directory is not a complete listing of the database. Management and use of the data housed in the PacYM Communications and Membership Database is subject to policies which you will find on the Communications Committee web page.
Obtaining the Directory
The Directory is available for use by members and attenders of monthly meetings and worship groups within Pacific Yearly Meeting and by Friends serving on Pacific Yearly Meeting committees. It is not to be shared beyond this community.
The Directory may be downloaded from the following password-protected page: https://www.pacificyearlymeeting.org/wordpress/directory/download. The password has been given to the Clerks and the official PacYM Directory contact person for each monthly meeting. To obtain it, ask at your local meeting. (Trouble-shooting: the pw is all lowercase with no spaces.)
Updating Your Information or Subscriptions
Instructions for how to add or correct information in the Database, to change whether and which information about you is published in the Directory, or to add or remove yourself from an email distribution list.
Database or Directory
Note that inclusion in the database does not automatically imply inclusion in the PacYM Directory of Members and Attenders. In the submission or update form you are given the opportunity to indicate whether you want your information from the Database to be published in the Directory.
- New Adult Entry – Use this form to submit information for a new adult (age 18 or older) to add to the Communications and Membership Database.
- New Youth Entry – Use this form to submit information for a new young person (under age 18) to add to the Communications and Membership Database.
- Update Existing Entry – Use this form to update or correct information for an individual who is already entered in the database.