2017 Financial Assistance
Deadline: Request forms must be emailed or postmarked by June 16 to be considered.
Young Adult Friends: YAFs should also complete and submit this form to Janet (this is a change from past years).
Quick Link to Online Attendance Assistance Form (or see below for more options)
Need a little help to attend Annual Session this year? The PYM Attendance Assistance Fund is available to support Friends with financial assistance. In order to serve as many Friends as possible, please first consider what you will be able to contribute towards your costs yourself, then what your Monthly Meeting or Worship Group will be able to contribute to support you.
Form and submission instructions:
We invite you to either complete and submit the Attendance Assistance Request Form online, by email, or by mail. Please follow these steps:
1. Register: Before submitting the assistance request form, register for the Annual Session (to calculate the total registration cost for you and your family). A quick view of the fees list is available here.
2. Fill out one Attendance Assistance Request form per family (download from links below).
**Young Adult Friends: YAFs should also complete and submit this form to Janet (this is a change from past years).
- Online Attendance Assistance Form (fill out online and voila!)
- Email submission Form: Click to download the Word (.doc) version to save, type into, save again, and then submit by email attachment
- Mail-in or scanned submission Form: Click to download the PDF version to print, fill out by hand, and then mail it in (or scan it and email it back as an attachment).
3. Submit to PYM: If the full amount is not covered between the Applicant and the Monthly Meeting / Worship Group as calculated on the form, Applicant sends this assistance request form only to Janet Gastil at the contact info listed on the form.
4. Deadline and Notification: Forms must be emailed or postmarked by June 16 to be considered. Applicants will be notified June 23 or before.
Questions: Please direct any questions regarding Attendance Assistance to Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also see the information page about Annual Session.
Additional ways to lower your registration costs
There are options to help reduce the cost to attend Annual Session. Our goal is to be able to help make it possible for every Friend who wants to participate to do so, including families.
Camping is the least expensive option for accommodations.
Part-time or commuter attendees are welcome. Some people choose to come just for the weekend days.
**New this year** Long-Distance Travel Discounts: for carpools coming from 200+ miles and for travel from Hawai’i, Mexico, and Guatemala
Volunteer positions are available for adults to work with youth. Friends who are chosen to serve as Children’s Program Teachers or JYM Friendly Responsible Adult Presences receive a registration fee waiver.
Previous years (archive)
Other Financial Aid
See here for funding for non-Annual Session needs, including grants.