This page contains “news snippets” that have appeared on the Home page of the website but are deemed to have “timed out”.
- Pacific Yearly Meeting is accepting applications to fill the full-time salaried position of Youth Programs Coordinator. The role of the Youth Programs Coordinator is to enhance the spiritual development and nurture of youth and intergenerational community within the Yearly Meeting. The job description and application process are posted on our website here. The position will remain open until filled, however priority will be given to applications received by January 20, 2021. (12/04/20)
- The Website Team is experimenting with a new menu structure and other ways to make things easier to find on the website. Please check out the new menus and send us your comments. (4/16/2020)
- The Faith and Practice Revision Committee asks Monthly Meetings and other entities of the Yearly Meeting to review and provide feedback by June 30, 2020, on a draft revision of the section on “Death in the Meeting“. (5/4/2020)
- RepCom 2020 (Representative Committee 2020) met March 6-8, 2020, in Visalia, CA. Minutes of the meeting are now posted. A resulting updated Roster of PYM Officeholders is also now available. (4/8/2020)
- Secretariat: Progress is being made toward scanning historical meeting minutes of PYM and making them available on the PYM Minutes page. Most minutes for 1947-1981 are now posted, with gaps in the 1960’s. (4/8/2020)
- The Youth Programs Coordinator (YPC) Javaughn Fernanders will be leaving the position. Her last day at work was February 21, 2020. The Youth Programs Coordinating Committee (YPCC) will continue to respond to the YPC email address for any concerns or needs after her departure. Please continue to use email@example.com for inquiries related to the Youth Programs of Pacific Yearly Meeting.
- An updated Roster of PYM Officeholders for 2019-2020, current as of 11/14/2019, was posted on the Nominating Committee page.
- Pacific Yearly Meeting is now affiliated with Friends General Conference. See Clerk Sandy Kewman’s announcement for more details.
- ANNUAL SESSION 2019 took place July 12-17, 2019, at Walker Creek Ranch.
- The Youth Programs Coordinating Committee introduces the new Youth Programs Coordinator, Javaughn Fernanders.
- Alyssa Nelson’s last and farewell letter as YPC: YPC Epistle XIII – May 2019.
- Secretariat: A complete list of all PYM Minutes of Action since 2001 is available on the PYM Minutes page. Full minutes are also available for each of those years. Minutes for the first 11 years of PYM (1947-1957) have been added.
- The Latin American Concerns Committee calls your attention to two upcoming opportunities to engage with Friends projects related to Latin America.
- San Mateo Worship Group, recently formed under the care of Palo Alto Meeting, is going strong. They meet on 1st and 3rd First Days. They welcome all seekers, including those new to Quaker worship, to join them. See their website for details.
- The Eldering Subcommittee of M&O invites all Pacific Yearly Meeting Friends to a weekly online meeting for worship with attention to the spiritual wellness of our yearly meeting.
- Revision of our book of Faith and Practice is underway. The first round of reviews was due December 1, 2018. Watch for more draft sections for review in the future.
- The Racial Justice Subcommittee of M&O has published a page of recommended resources on racial justice. Please encourage Friends and Meetings to make use of these resources and send us your feedback.
- The Latin American Concerns Committee has published the text of their presentation at Annual Session 2018 and a Call to Actions to promote humanitarian treatment of immigrants and refugees.