1) San Jose 4/5/14 – Adult Ally / FAP Workshop (PDF)
2) Orange County Retreat at Camp Stevens 4/19/14 – Adult Ally / FAP Workshop (PDF)
Read More About It:
How can adults support and build relationships with youth in a Friendly way? How can adults support each other to be allies to young people? How can we attract and keep young people involved in our Meetings? What does it take to be a “FAP” (Friendly Adult Presence) at a Quaker teen gathering?
These workshops will include resources on outreach and on being an ally to youth; specific discussion about serving as a “FAP”; worship-sharing about experiences, hopes, fears, and wonderings; games (because everyone needs to PLAY!); and activities to explore scenarios and develop skills.
Please announce and encourage one other to register for one of our upcoming “Becoming an Ally to Youth as a Friendly Adult Presence and Beyond” workshops, sponsored by your Youth Program Committee of Pacific Yearly Meeting.
Easy to register: just email Alyssa Nelson ASAP (at least 5 days before the workshop) at pym [dot] youthcoordinator [at] gmail [dot] com.
Registration deadline for the first workshop is March 31st (for April 5th in San Jose). Download fliers for more info.
Three options this year:
1) Saturday, April 5th, San Jose Meetinghouse, 10am-5pm. Co-facilitated by Julian Garrett and Alyssa Nelson. Open to all. Register by 3/31.
2) Saturday, April 19th, at the Orange County Friends Meeting Retreat at Camp Stevens in Julian, CA. Facilitated by Alyssa Nelson. This workshop is part of the weekend retreat schedule. Friends from other Meetings are welcome if also registering for the whole retreat. Email Alyssa for more information.
3) July date TBD, depending on interest, right before and near PYM Annual Session. Email interest to Alyssa.
Hope to see you there!