FLYER to download or print
6th Annual Spring Youth Service Learning Camp
April 15-19, 2019
(Monday-Friday leading up to Easter weekend)
Quaker Oaks Farm
Visalia, CA, USA
A partnership of Quaker Oaks Farm, the Wukchumni Yokuts Tribe,
and Pacific Yearly Meeting Youth Programs
See the Quaker Oaks Farm website for details and online application.
California communities have been devastated by recent wildfires. Indigenous communities have used fire as a powerful tool to care for the earth. This year’s theme of Fire builds from our previous camps and recent themes, Water and Earth, honoring the sacredness of all Beings. Join us as we explore the power and use of fire in traditional and contemporary practice.
As the climate changes do we need new ways to care for the Earth? We will share our Histories and Love one another across Seeming Divides, all through Fun, Interactive Activities. Camp includes a service-learning project on the Land and a field trip.
WAYS TO HELP:
- Help a potential camper APPLY ONLINE (Deadline 3/25 )
- Post the FLYER at your Meeting House, School, Clubhouse, etc.
- SHARE our Fundraising Appeal Letter
- VOLUNTEER: Contact Melissa Lovett-Adair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request our model “Letter to Teachers” for a student who wants to take time off from school to participate in camp and/or get school credit
- SPREAD this message among friends!
Campers: APPLICATION ONLINE NOW! Deadline 3/25. There are only 30 spots available. There is a question on this form where we ask you to tell us why we should select your application and what is important to you about getting to be a part of camp.
We enthusiastically invite middle school and high school aged youth (grades 6-12) to apply. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Cost of camp is on a sliding scale ($0 – $500). Donations gratefully accepted.