7th Annual Spring Youth Service Learning Camp
April 6-10, 2020 CANCELLED
(Monday-Friday leading up to Easter weekend)
Quaker Oaks Farm
Visalia, CA, USA
A partnership of Quaker
Oaks Farm, the Wukchumni Yokuts Tribe,
and Pacific Yearly Meeting Youth Programs
See the Quaker Oaks Farm website for details and online application.
Air fills our lungs and keeps us alive, yet it is taken for granted by many populations. Indigenous communities, however, appreciate the air as sacred. Today, California has some of the worst air pollution in the country. This year’s theme of Air builds from our previous camps and recent themes, Fire, Water and Earth, honoring the sacredness of all Beings. Join us as we explore the power and value of Air in traditional and contemporary practice. As the climate changes do we need new ways to care for the Air?
We will share our Histories and Love one another across Seeming Divides, all through Fun, Interactive Activities. Camp includes a service-learning project on the Land and a field trip.
WAYS TO HELP
- POST THE FLYER at your Meeting House, School, Clubhouse, etc.
- Know a potential camper? HELP THEM APPLY online by 3/9.
- SHARE our Fundraising Appeal Letter
- VOLUNTEER: Contact Melissa Lovett-Adair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request our model “Letter to Teachers” for a student who wants to take time off from school to participate in camp and/or get school credit
- SPREAD this message among friends!
Campers: APPLICATION ONLINE NOW! Deadline 3/9/2020. There are only 30 spots available. There is a question on this form where we ask you to tell us why we should select your application and what is important to you about getting to be a part of camp.
We enthusiastically invite middle school and high school aged youth (grades 6-12) to apply. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Cost of camp is on a sliding scale ($0 – $500). Donations gratefully accepted.