Registration for Pacific Yearly Meeting’s Annual Sessions in 2020 and 2021 were offered on a Pay As Led basis. This means it was not necessary to go through a process of applying for financial assistance to reduce the cost of attending Annual Session. The basic decisions about Annual Session 2022 will be finalized at Representative Committee meeting Feb 26 and March 5, 2022. Stay tuned for information about the format and cost for 2022.
This page describes the process for applying for financial assistance that was in effect for the 2019 Annual Session and prior years.
For Annual Session 2019
We want to insure that everyone who wants to attend Annual Session can do so regardless of the level of their financial resources. We encourage Friends to apply for financial assistance if the cost of annual session would be a barrier. Instructions are below. Also, see underneath for additional suggestions of ways to reduce the cost of attendance.
Registration for Annual Session is scheduled to open in May. Thus in anticipation of it, we encourage you to look at the rates and begin discussions with your Monthly Meetings now.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Attendance Assistance Point Person (2019)
PYM Ministry and Oversight Committee
2019 Attendance Assistance
Apply for Financial Assistance by filling out the form within online registration (registration, when it opens in May, will be linked from the 2019 Annual Session Info Page). This will send a notice to your Monthly Meeting / Worship Group, which must decide what portion they are giving and then forward that to the Friends handling PYM’s Financial Assistance by the posted deadline.
- Determine your cost based on how long you are attending and what kind of accommodations you are requesting. Rates for attendance at Annual Session will be approximately 8% lower across the board than where they were last year, and are posted here: Attendance Fees for 2019 Annual Session
- Determine how much you are willing and able to pay (the usual practice is for applicants to pay something, if possible).
- Apply for attendance assistance (the request first goes to your Monthly Meeting to see what, if anything, they can contribute (the usual practice is for Monthly Meetings pay half the request for aid, again if possible)).
- Your Monthly Meeting then sends the remainder of your attendance assistance request to the Ministry & Oversight committee of PYM (applicant helps insure this happens).
- Attendance Assistance Request Deadline (Step 3 above): Monday, May 27, 2019
- Monthly Meeting Informs PYM M&O Of Their Aid (Step 4 above): Monday, June 3, 2019
- PYM M&O Informs Applicants Of Total Aid: Monday, June 10, 2019
- PYM Late fee and cancellation fee deadline is Wednesday, June 12, 2019 (meaning registration or cancellation after that date will be subject to a late fee or cancellation fee).
Questions? Please email any questions or concerns about Attendance Assistance to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Young Adult Friends (YAFs): please apply through the same form as everyone else. If you or a friend you’re bringing is not part of a Meeting or Worship Group and needs financial assistance, contact the PYM Youth Programs Coordinator to explore options <email@example.com>.
Additional ways to lower your registration costs
There are options to help reduce the cost to attend Annual Session. Our goal is to be able to help make it possible for every Friend who wants to participate to do so, including families.
Camping is the least expensive option for accommodations.
Part-time or commuter attendees are welcome. Some people choose to come just for the weekend days.
Long-Distance Travel Discounts: for those coming from 200+ miles and for travel from the Hawai’i and Mexico parts of PYM.
Volunteer positions are available for adults to work with youth. Friends who are chosen to serve as Children’s Program Teachers or JYM Friendly Responsible Adult Presences receive a registration fee waiver.
Register on time: 5% late fee after June 12th. And registrations cancelled after June 12th will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee.
Previous years (archive)
Other Financial Aid
See here for funding for non-Annual Session needs, including grants.