The “Youth” section of this site provides information about the various youth programs: Children’s Program, Junior Yearly Meeting, Young Adult Friends, camps, workshops, opportunities for adults to work with youth, etc.
The PacYM Youth Programs Coordinator (YPC) & Youth Programs Coordinating Committee (YPCC) serve as a resource to the other committees and programs of our Yearly, Quarterly, and local Meetings, Worship Groups, and Quaker organizations.
Youth, Family, and Intergenerational Events
Spring & Summer Camps and Trips
- Camp Woolman (at Sierra Friends Center)
- Mountain Friends Camp (New Mexico, Intermountain YM)
- Quaker and Service Camps (at Ben Lomond Quaker Center)
- Quaker Oaks Farm Spring Youth Service Learning Camp
- El Salvador Service-Learning Trip (organized on part by Palo Alto Friends Meeting. Contact Nate Secrest, <firstname.lastname@example.org> for more information.)
Schools & Educational Programs
- Pacific Friends School (ages 2-5), Temple City CA
- Various programs at Sierra Friends Center (aka “Woolman”)
- Ben Lomond Quaker Center Workshops (year round) are open to Friends of all ages–a great opportunity for intergenerational learning in community– and childcare is available. Annual passes for individuals and Meetings are good for a year from date of purchase for camps and workshops. Buy two and send a youth-adult pair to each workshop!