Youth and Intergenerational Activities in
Pacific YM and Beyond
Please PRINT this page periodically to display at your Meeting.
If viewing this in print, you can see live weblinks at pacificyearlymeeting.org/youth/calendar
To SEARCH this page, use your browser’s “find” function and the keyword you’re looking for (e.g., camp, quarterly, annual session, repcom, jym, etc.).
To have events included on the calendar, or if you need contact information for someone listed in this calendar (who is not listed on the Contact Us page), first try asking in your Meeting for copy of the QM directories, then ask the Youth Programs Coordinator (YPC) at <pym.youthcoordinator @gmail.com>.
Please support young Friends and families in your area to attend events by helping them register, figure out payment and/or scholarships, and arrange transportation. For info about available attendance assistance, see pacificyearlymeeting.org/youth/resources-funding
Note: This calendar includes select Ben Lomond Quaker Center workshops of particular interest to teens and young adults. All BLQC workshops are open to interested Friends of any age, and childcare can be arranged by request. See quakercenter.org for full listings. Quaker Center offers Meeting and individual annual passes that include both camps and workshops.
For additional events outside of Pacific Yearly Meeting, please visit our social media and other resources page here.
Ongoing Virtual Events
- Tuesday Evenings 6:30 – 8:00pm PST: YAF Early Friends Writings Book & Worship Group (online) Happening weekly until July 2020; email firstname.lastname@example.org for login.
- First Friday Evenings of the month: 7:30 – 10:30pm PST: JYM Teen Zoom Hangouts (online) Happening monthly until at least July 2020, open to all Pacific Yearly Meeting teens; email email@example.com for login.
- May 23, 2020: CPQM Gathering (online) There will be both teen and children’s programs for this event. Theme: “Shall We Gather at the River?”
- Limited participation, register asap if interested here: http://collegeparkquarterlymeeting.org/register/
- April 25: SCQM Spring Business Meeting (online)
- More information: www.scqm.org
- March 28- March 31: Spring Lobby Weekend FCNL (Washington D.C.)
- January 24-26, 2020: Young and Old for Climate Justice with George Lakey (Ben Lomond Quaker Center, CA)
- As young people go on strike, demand divestment from fossil fuels, and urge a Green New Deal, we invite Friends and others motivated to open a dialogue facilitated by George Lakey.
- REDUCED FEES FOR AGES 35 & UNDER: http://www.quakercenter.org/programs/young-and-old-for-climate-justice/
- January 18-19: Young Adult Friends Camping Trip (Joshua Tree, CA)
- January 18: College Park Quarterly Meeting. Palo Alto, CA.
- Attending Quarterly Meetings is a way to engage in different ways with Quaker youth from a wider region. Register online: http://collegeparkquarterlymeeting.org/
- December 28, 2019 – January 2, 2020: Western Young Friends New Year’s Gathering (Woolman Center, CA)
- New Year’s Gathering is an annual Quaker gathering to welcome the new year with worship and community. The Gathering lasts five nights and alternates between being held in Northern California and Southern Oregon. More information & registration here: newyearsgathering.org
- December 27 – January 1: Year-End Retreat (Ben Lomond Quaker Center, CA)
- See website for complete list of workshops). quakercenter.org Ask your Meeting to use its annual pass!
- December 20: Youth Programs Fund Applications Due (of the Bob Vogel Endowment)
- More information about grant-guidelines here: pacificyearlymeeting.org/youth/resources-funding (Fund applications are due the 20th of every month that has a solstice or equinox.)
- December 7; December 14: Raising Anti-Racist Children Seminar (online)
- An online workshop for parents and educators offering information and guidance on how to prepare white children in our increasingly multiracial society. The workshop encourages the development of an anti-racist outlook in all children, and focuses on the particular experience of raising white children.
- Register here: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07egioli0md0dba4da&oseq=&c=&ch=
Want to learn more about your PYM youth programs and current events?
See past epistles, reports and more on our page on the PYM website:
and on our Facebook page: “Pacific Yearly Meeting Youth Programs”