Youth and Intergenerational Activities in
Pacific YM and Beyond
Please PRINT this page periodically to display at your Meeting.
If viewing this in print, you can see live weblinks at pacificyearlymeeting.org/youth/calendar
To SEARCH this page, use your browser’s “find” function and the keyword you’re looking for (e.g., camp, quarterly, annual session, repcom, jym, etc.).
To have events included on the calendar, email pym.youthcoordinator [at] gmail [dot] com
If you need contact information for someone listed in this calendar (who is not listed on the Contact Us page), first try asking in your Meeting for copy of the QM directories, then ask the PYM Youth Programs Coordinator.
Please support young Friends and families in your area to attend events by helping them register, figure out payment and/or scholarships, and arrange transportation. For info about available attendance assistance, see pacificyearlymeeting.org/youth/resources-funding
Note: This calendar includes select Ben Lomond Quaker Center workshops of particular interest to teens and young adults. All BLQC workshops are open to interested Friends of any age, and childcare can be arranged by request. See quakercenter.org for full listings. Quaker Center offers Meeting and individual annual passes that include both camps and workshops.
|Raising Anti-Racist Children Seminar
An online workshop for parents and educators offering information and guidance on how to prepare white children in our increasingly multiracial society. The workshop encourages the development of an anti-racist outlook in all children, and focuses on the particular experience of raising white children.
|December 7, 14, 2019|
|Youth Programs Fund Applications Due (of the Bob Vogel Endowment): pacificyearlymeeting.org/youth/resources-funding||December 20 (and the 20th of every month that has a solstice or equinox)|
|Year-End Retreat at Quaker Center (Ben Lomond Quaker Center, CA; see website for complete list of workshops). Ask your Meeting to use its annual pass! quakercenter.org||December 27-January 1, 2020|
|Western Young Friends New Year’s Gathering
New Year’s Gathering is an annual Quaker gathering to welcome the new year with worship and community. The Gathering lasts five nights and alternates between being held in Northern California and Southern Oregon.
|December 28, 2019 -January 2, 2020|
|College Park Quarterly Meeting
Attending Quarterly Meetings is a way to engage in different ways with Quaker youth from a wider region.
|January 18, 2020|
|Young Adult Friends Camping Trip
|January 18-19, 2020|
|Young and Old for Climate Justice With George Lakey
Ben Lomond Quaker Center
As young people go on strike, demand divestment from fossil fuels, and urge a Green New Deal, we invite Friends and others motivated to open a dialogue facilitated by George Lakey.
REDUCED FEES FOR AGES 35 & UNDER.
|January 24-26, 2020|
|College Park Quarterly Meeting Regional Gatherings||Stay tuned for small regional gatherings taking place in March and April|
|Spring Lobby Weekend FCNL, Washington D.C.
7th Annual Quaker Oaks Farm Spring Service Learning Camp in Visalia, CA. The theme for 2020 is “Air”.
|Mar. 28-31, 2020
SAVE the DATE April 6-10, 2020
MORE ORGANIZATIONS & PROGRAMS OF INTEREST
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC): afsc.org/get-involved
- Ben Lomond Quaker Center Workshops (year round) are open to Friends of all ages–a great opportunity for intergenerational learning in community– and childcare is available. Annual passes for individuals and Meetings are good for a year from date of purchase for camps and workshops. Buy two and send a youth-adult pair to each workshop! quakercenter.org/annual-pass
- Casa de los Amigos & Mexico City Monthly Meeting: casadelosamigos.org/en
- El Salvador Projects of Palo Alto Friends Meeting: pafmelsalvadorprojects.org
- Friends Committee on Legislation of California (FCLCA): fclca.org
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) for Young Adults: fcnl.org/about/young-adults
- Guatemala Friends Scholarship Program (Progresa) guatemalafriends.org
- Honolulu Meeting Guest House, and Hawai’i Peace and Justice Office: hawaiiquaker.org/guest.html
- Quaker Earthcare Witness: quakerearthcare.org
- Quaker Voluntary Service: quakervoluntaryservice.org
- Quaker Youth Pilgrimage (QYP), Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC): fwccamericas.org
- QuEST: Quaker Experiential Service and Training: quest-seattle.org
- Undocumented Students Scholarship Project: quakerundocumentedstudentscholarship.org
- Western Friend: westernfriend.org
Want to learn more about your PYM youth programs and current events?
See past epistles, reports and more on our page on the PYM website:
and on our Facebook page: “Pacific Yearly Meeting Youth Programs”